Hi I just got my blackberry pearl 8130. I've had it for about 4 days ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MBLBell no está en línea Stack level 2

BB 8130 dumping memory?

Advertisement

Hi

I just got my blackberry pearl 8130. I've had it for about 4 days now and i noticed that it is starting to delete my inbox one at a time until its empty (other than the messages that blackberry sent me when i turned the phone on initially).

also, when typing in windows live messenger or blackberry messenger, after a few messages go through they will stop appearing on the conversation box (incomming messages). I can send, but i do not receive.

- the way it is receiving the messages is via inbox. it will show me the smiley face or msn messenger icon that i have a message but when i open the conversation box, there is nothing.
    - when i check my inbox to see what the messages were, it links me to the conversation box and once agian, nothing shows up.

The other guy i work with said he had the same problem with his 8830 world edition.

What the @#$ is going on?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: BB 8130 dumping memory?

Hi MBLBell, Welcome to the stacks. There a a few threads out there about the issue. Try this thread. Ultimately it usually comes down to too low of memory. Try freeing some up and you should be good. How to free up memory on your pearl Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 01-08-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks.

Also, when i turn it on, it has the sand counter spinning on a blank screen for an infinite amount of time unless i push the back button.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by MBLBell View Post
    Thanks.

Also, when i turn it on, it has the sand counter spinning on a blank screen for an infinite amount of time unless i push the back button.
    That's a little odd. Try clearing the event log. Hold the ALT key and press LGLG. Then menu, clear log. See if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    That's a little odd. Try clearing the event log. Hold the ALT key and press LGLG. Then menu, clear log. See if that helps.
    i'll try that. as far as the dumping of messages goes, it's stopped doing that. if it comes up again im just gonna ship it back to BB.
    Edit: I took out the batt for a minute, replaced it and turned it on. It took about 2 minutes of loading (sand glass spinning), but it did load and do the security verification after that with no problems.
    I am going to delete some of the language packs when i get home from the computer, hopefully that will help and prevent any further memory loss.

Thanks for the help, I will recommend this site to all that I come across with BB devices!
    Last edited by MBLBell; 01-09-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Farm_her78 no está en línea Stack level 1

I purchsed my BB 8130 a few days after they came out in December, I am also having this problem with it wiping texts, phone logs, and ringer preferences, So I called the tech support (which i didn't think they would help) but they just said they are having issues with the pearls doing that and are coming out with a software fix for it, my buddy also bought a pearl around the same time as me, and his has done it twice also, very Aggravating.. but hopefully a fix soon!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I suggest having yoru e-mails delete every 2 weeks. (go to messages, options, then e-mail settings)

Also I would do a hard reboot every day or twice a day. (Power off, take out battery for 30 seconds, put battery back in).