My BB was on a corporate server (now BIS) and has a 30-minute time to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

icewiz no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8120 Slow to Unlock - Unresponsive for 10-15 sec

Advertisement

My BB was on a corporate server (now BIS) and has a 30-minute time to lock. I don't mind having to unlock it w/my password, but after I do the BB is almost unresponsive for 10-15 sec.

Based on other posts I checked MyFavs (T-mo) -- not installed. I deleted email messages (limited to 30 days now). I checked my address book and it is not all that large. I have a 4GB SD card that is mostly empty.

Any idea why there would be a long delay between typing in my password and the 8120 becoming responsive to other (trackball or keyboard) input?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    how many apps are running in the background. Hit alt + undo and continue to hold alt. see how many apps are in that list
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Happens no matter how many apps are running. Happens after a fresh reboot.

At the moment Phone Log | Messenger | Home | Browser | and Mail are running. I have closed each of those to exit, so there is no active window for any.

It just took about 5 sec for it to respond (after I entered the password) and then 5-10 additional seconds of limited responsiveness (delayed trackball, delayed keyboard response). Then it works normally and is very responsive.

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is your media card etc encryption levels set to?

What is your inbox like? Full?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VR
    What is your media card etc encryption levels set to?

Try rebooting without the media card and see if the encryption process is slowing you down.

Just a thought
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So it is the media card, very responsive without it. No encryption on the card. The card is an 8GB with about 2.7GB free ... if I recall it was doing the same thing with a smaller card that I had. Any other settings to try?

VR
    Try copying the contents to your computer. Format the card in your bb. Then put the essientials on there to test it.

Only thing I can think of is the photos making thumbnails or music with the album art.

Btw is it sandisk or some knockoff brand?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kingston. Formatted and tried it empty, and it was responsive. Added pictures, still responsive. Adding music (4GB+) now ... will post results. Hopefully it was just a bad format.

VR
    how did it turn out?
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Gave it a while ... seems to take 1-2 seconds now, but much quicker than before. Two big differences are that I haven't loaded the full amount of music on ... and this music didn't have album art. I loaded a bunch of individual songs with individual album art (300+) the last time. Didn't do that this time. Will report back if it goes south.