I recently purchased and activated my 8120 (fully unlocked) on the T-Mobile Network. The default ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wranglersm no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8120 not able to access T-Mobile sites

Advertisement

I recently purchased and activated my 8120 (fully unlocked) on the T-Mobile Network. The default BB browser is able to surf the web and I can send and receive emails (set up through the T-Mo website, not the phone) and sms messaging, so I know that the data connection is there. However, whenever I try to go to the T-Mo website through my phone I am unable to connect.

When I attempt to do it with all the "radio" features turned on I get the error "Unable to open a PDP Context to the following APN: wap.voicestream.com This may be happening because the currently selected browser configuration is not compatible with the current network." I've searched the forums and found that the most common solution was to manually input the APN in the TCP settings, however I tried that also with no success, both leaving the user name and password blank and filling in a user name and password (with various combinations) and resetting the BB after each change.

I thought that by just utilizing the Wi-Fi portion of the phone that I would be able to access the site since I was going through my home router and not over the "air," however this also proved to be futile. I got further, with at least the picture of MY T-MOBILE at the top of the screen, however it said "We're sorry, but My T-Mobile is not accessible from your Blackberry. Please visit My T-Mobile from a PC."

I realize that the 8120 isn't due to be in the T-Mo family for a few months, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has seen anything else similiar and has any ideas.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: BB 8120 not able to access T-Mobile sites

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think you cam get to the mytmobile page on any blackberry, I know I haven't been able to. If you download opera mini you can that what I use to go to the mytmobile page.

Would be nice except 3 can't get Opera to finish loading, says it can't connect to the internet.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have a tmo branded 8800 and I can't access tmo's website. Which isn't a big deal to me.

The only reason I am worried about it is because I hate having a phone that I can't use all the features on.