I was reading about the unboxing on BGR and it looked rather impressive. Seems like ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

BB 8100 (Pearl) vs HTC S710 (Vox)

Advertisement

I was reading about the unboxing on BGR and it looked rather impressive. Seems like it might be aiming to be the Pearl's next true rival.

The pictures look good and so do the stats, but I just can't see myself on windows mobile 6.0. I was on winmob way in the past and I hear it's not a huge improvement from 5.0. I am impressed by BG's glowing report of the 2.0 cam being one of the best he has ever seen (and he doesn't throw out those kind of compliments easily). I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of getting this when it's released on t-mobile and would like some stacker input.

If you are using your pearl for BES then clearly you don't really have the option to switch to a non-blackberry phone (no word mention of it having bbconnect), but for those who use their 8100 as a mix of work/play and have the freedom to use different phones, please weigh in. I linked to the phone stats and the unboxing above. Of course ALL opinions are welcome, but most helpful are those who can actually use a non-BB phone if they choose to or can afford two phones.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

Re: BB 8100 (Pearl) vs HTC S710 (Vox)

no thanks i have used the windows mobile phones before and the technology just isnt there. plus that phone is a lot thicker than the pearl.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I wish my keys lighted up blue!

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Sever my left arm...maybe. Give up my Pearl for WM...NEVER!!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I was reading about the unboxing on BGR and it looked rather impressive. Seems like it might be aiming to be the Pearl's next true rival.

The pictures look good and so do the stats, but I just can't see myself on windows mobile 6.0. I was on winmob way in the past and I hear it's not a huge improvement from 5.0. I am impressed by BG's glowing report of the 2.0 cam being one of the best he has ever seen (and he doesn't throw out those kind of compliments easily). I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of getting this when it's released on t-mobile and would like some stacker input.

If you are using your pearl for BES then clearly you don't really have the option to switch to a non-blackberry phone (no word mention of it having bbconnect), but for those who use their 8100 as a mix of work/play and have the freedom to use different phones, please weigh in. I linked to the phone stats and the unboxing above. Of course ALL opinions are welcome, but most helpful are those who can actually use a non-BB phone if they choose to or can afford two phones.
    I am running WM6 on my MDA. Don't ask. It's very nice and smooth, compared to the :beep: WM5. It looks nice, but I do prefer Blackberry's interface compared to WM... That and Microsoft sucks...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

SuicideUZI no está en línea Stack level 2

That does look pretty slick, I think I would like it better then the HTC Wizard that I had. Im happy with my BB:Pearl tho, otherwise I would've considered getting one.

Fraktal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB05DB

Windows... :cry:

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

This phone looks really nice, and honestly it looks like one phone I might leave BB over. I believe it has wifi. And if T-mobile doesn't get the BB with Wifi, I might be looking at this phone

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Like HTC phones for their style, but I will stick with my BB!

PIN/ID
    spam=no

The responses sound a lot like what is going on in my head (hmm.. that makes me sound crazier than I actually am), but boomboom hit what I am thinking exactly.

yes, it does have wifi, boomboom. the biggest selling point on the S710 to me, is wifi and an excellent cam all using a qwerty keyboard on a large screen with a pretty sleek form for the screen size. I was hoping the 8820 to be released would come with wifi/cam (with video clip ability), but has been shown it will come with Wifi and no cam. GPS just isn't very useful in my day-to-day life.

as I see it if I am going to have a 2.5g phone with an unlimited data/email plan.. why not get a totally tricked out one with features I will actually use? the 8820 was to fill the void, but it isn't looking like it's going to pan out. I still love my pearl, but I know myself.. I need a new toy for the summer.

I am seeing myself going from Pearl, to Vox, to 9xxx (3g blackberry). I sure would miss the blackberry OS.

It's very niceee.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have had 5 Pocket PC/PPC Phone Edition devices over the years and they have all crashed after 1 drop. Enough said about Windows Mobile.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

I have gone back to Windows device so very often in the past, thinking that they would have gotten rid of the bugs and because it would sync with MS Outlook without glitches. Before I bought my Pearl, I had a WM 5 (HP iPaq 6965). Got rid of it as i) it was to0 bulky, ii) it had a poor battery life and iii) it crashed or had to be reset at least once a day.
    Btw, I find that the Pearl syncs smoothly with MS Outlook, so I could get it up and running immediately.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I have had 5 Pocket PC/PPC Phone Edition devices over the years and they have all crashed after 1 drop. Enough said about Windows Mobile.
    yeah, I hear ya.

my biggest concern is the OS. what good is a deluxe phone that won't run?

I really want to see how 6.0 will stack up against BB's OS on my day-to-day. I probably will make a thread on the stack and give a lil e-journal entry of what goes on. errors, resets, etc. really put both phones to the test.

wonder how long it takes for a provider to be chosen?