Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have combined a second thread started on this same subject, so that we aren't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BB 8100 Pearl

Advertisement

I have combined a second thread started on this same subject, so that we aren't working at odd ends. It doesn't help to have two threads on the same problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tom4711 no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr: Our BB admins do not know anything about sending a blank it policy (only BB 7290 is used in my company). Also I do not have any connection to the BES. Is it possible to "install" a new it policy by USB?

Thanks for all your help.

I have an austrian sim card in my bb. but i think, that the BB is not locked, because after buying the bb it started normally and I could start the BES-activation.

In the meantime I only want to dissappear the awful message "Please install a valid smart card authenticator....).

additional information: I switched on the "radio" by using the JL_cmder and I could accept a incoming phone call. I don't think, that it is a problem of the simcard. only the popup, which does not disappear.

Does anyone have an idea for solving my problem??

Policy-File with Deactivation of "Smart Card Authentication" needed

Dear All,

can anyone send me a "blank" policy-file with the deactivation of smart-card-authentication?

I have bought an used bb 8100 and I want to use it without BES. After switching on, the message "Please install a valid smart authenticator. Please contact your system administrator for assistance." is on the screen without th chance to do anything.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Tom, check out this thread, Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help. I'm not saying that any of this will cure your problem, only that it's the only thing that I can think of that might.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Rcbjr, thanks for all your help. I tried your suggestion (remove IT-policy) last night - the error occurs again.

In my opinion, it's because the "blank it-policy" of blackberry.ig3.net does not disable smart-card authentication. So I have to get a "blank policy with disabled smart-card authentication". I hope, I'll get the file from anywhere (I do not have any connection to an BES).

Tom

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, I really don't know anything more to say that will help you. I think you are right that you need one to disable the smart-card authentication. If your BB admins can't generate one for you then I really don't know how you would be able to get one.

I will ask that this thread get moved to the BB Admin and Hosted BES forum. Maybe someone that monitors that forum will have more advice on this problem.

Sorry,
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123