Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by reddog187 The OEM battery isn't that great as dasupaman23 said. Since you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Battery Time (Maybe Issue)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    The OEM battery isn't that great as dasupaman23 said. Since you are such a heavy user I would look into one of these seidio extended batteries. It will save you from headaches later on.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...&Category=1101

Also I'm not sure if you use the standby mode, by holding the mute button on top, but it is a great battery saver in the long run, when your phone is not in use.

I have the slim extended one, works great. I'm not sure if you would need the bigger one or not.
    LOL I bought both and swap them out depending on how long I am going to be away from a charger. I use the slim battery when I am going to be gone for only a day or part of a day. The larger battery is for roadtrips more than a day long.

Also, conditioning any battery helps with extending the life (this is the process of using the battery til it's nearly dead and then charging it. It takes a total of 3 to 5 cycles to get max battery life). My OEM Pearl battery lasts 1 day (I don't even use it anymore). The Slim Extended Battery gets me 2 days. The larger Extended Battery gets me 2 or 3 days. This is all depending on usage. I am a heavy mobile browser (using WAP and Mini Opera). I also chat a lot on JiveTalk, Google Talk, Yahoo and BlackBerry Messengers. I use email and text moderately (I used to text a LOT more than I do now).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-31-2007 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LLc0oLJ
    yea try the seido one it works really well and i dont really notice the size difference unless its in my hand
    I don't notice a difference at all with the smaller extended battery. I do notice the difference when I use the larger extended battery and it's also easier to grip the phone with both extended batteries. I drop the phone too much with the OEM battery it comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    The Battery on the Pearl isn't the best. Also, JiveTalk is a battery hog. I suggest getting the extended battery or carrying around a second charger and or battery
    I also find this very true. My 7100 series lasted up to 3 or 4 days on a charge with moderate use. I have a surprising story about the battery life of a 7100t I have. I took off the BIS I had about 2 years ago and went to use a Sidekick. I put the BB in my drawer. A week later I found it and it STILL had about 50% battery power in it and I was shocked. I thought it would be dead by then. Can't do that with the Pearl.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Lets face it with the ability of the things that a mobile device can do today we cant really complain about battery life...

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Mobiman, i agree with you up to a point....however, Rim should take battery life and usage into account. Reading the above posts I figure I'm a light to moderate user, but I'm constantly worried about battery life especially when I make a few long (work-related) phone calls my battery life has dropped precipitately and I do charge my Pearl to a 100% level every morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12