Last night before I went to bed i checked the status of my battery and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fifthgearvtec7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405BEF2

Battery problems on Pearl

Advertisement

Last night before I went to bed i checked the status of my battery and it was 55%. When i woke up i noticed it was flasing the green which i take means that my battery is dieing. What would cause my battery to drastically decrease in 7-8 hours of sleep i got. I called TMobile there first question was did you recieve alot or emails, text messages or phone calls last night. My response "No". I did not do anything from midnight last night til 8am this morning. But yet my phone was on verge of shutting off when i woke up. I have also noticed the many different colors that my phone will flash. What do all the blues, greens, reds and purples mean? Is there datalog to know what all these colors of the rainbow mean?

I am currently doing what the TMobile Rep prescribed me to. I let my phone completely die and kept powering it on til it would not power on anymore. The Rep then said to plug it in to let it charge for 10-12 hours. But then another problem happened. it wouldn't charge. I ended up pulling the battery, unplugging the charger, putting the battery back in and re-plugging in the charger. I guess all thats left is to wait.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Battery problems on Pearl

Green- status indicator light, it means you have service, you can turn this on/off. Go to options> screen/keyboard> LED coverage indicator> on/off.
    Red- you have a message, missed call, voicemail. etc.
    Purple- you have an new IM with the OZ messenger client.
    Yellow- your phone is dying, and needs to be charged.
    I use a program that I purchased from Handando.com called Blackberry Alerts, and I can change the LED to any colors I want for missed calls, texts, voicemails...etc.

If you leave your phone in Standby Mode overnight it shouldn't waste much battery. To turn your phone in standby hold the "Mute" key on the top of your phone.
    I charge my phone every night so I don't have to worry about it dying, and when I can't charge it I leave it in Standby as much as possible.
    Last edited by lauren25; 01-15-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    ~Lauren

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

did you have apps running in the background

fifthgearvtec7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405BEF2

Jeff,
    No apps running at all. Just plain out died on me.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

huh thats weird if your recharge thing doesnt help id walk into a store and have then swicth your battery out

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

same thing happens to me about once every 2 weeks... its sooo wierd.