Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hmm... That's strange, I would definitely start from the new battery... Part of the problem ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180

Re: Battery Life, What are you guys getting?

Advertisement

Hmm... That's strange, I would definitely start from the new battery... Part of the problem could be the gps locator though, because that is constantly using the radio to get your coordinates right?

nlasassin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

Quote Originally Posted by Thingus995 View Post
    Hmm... That's strange, I would definitely start from the new battery... Part of the problem could be the gps locator though, because that is constantly using the radio to get your coordinates right?
    Yeah the GPS could be some of the problem. Ill try turning it off and seeing what happens tomorrow.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I have 2 batteries. I got each at $15 so I bought one... Cant get that deal on the net or anywhere I've seen since then. The batteries last me 2 days if I dont do much talking on them after which I recharge anyway. Every once in a while I get these calls which will drag on to become 2+ hour conversations. That's when the 2nd battery comes in handy.

PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    I have 2 batteries. I got each at $15 so I bought one... Cant get that deal on the net or anywhere I've seen since then. The batteries last me 2 days if I dont do much talking on them after which I recharge anyway. Every once in a while I get these calls which will drag on to become 2+ hour conversations. That's when the 2nd battery comes in handy.

well like I said before, Im a tech for sprint so I can get 50 spare batteries if need be but I dont think I should have to carry a spare battery in my pocket and it shouldnt die half way through the day.

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

I just charge my everynight. It works all day with very heavy use.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

I've to charge batt of my 8100 , twice a day !

its very hard to carry charger , so i carry one additional batt...................

bmwcsl no está en línea Stack level 1

my batt has gave me no problems yet

Rocean no está en línea Stack level 1

Depending on use, I get two to three days. If I'm in a heavy texting mode/heavy browsing mode I get two solid days. Otherwise I get three. I've noticed that when my berry says the battery is low and needs to be charged immediately, it lasts longer than I would have ever imagined. Nine hours at least when it says it's about to die.

Does anybody know how much battery life is used by the flashing LED? It just seems counter-productive to have a flashing light when the battery is low. Although, it is very annoying, and lets me know to plug it in lol.

PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

update on my battery situation. I replaced the battery yesterday (Wed) with a brand new battery.. Charged it to 100% overnight. Took it off my charger at 6:20 am this morning (Thurs). I did 100 text today (sending/receiving) Im hooked to the BES and did no internet at all today. Made one call that last 3 minutes. At exactly 9:00pm tonight I went to send a text and got the message "Radio off, battery is to low to send". It didnt even last me a full day! 14.5 hours and I didnt even use it as much as I usually do.. Now to me that is not sufficient. Does this sound right to anyone else? Does everyone think I should swap out the phone? I really dont want to but this battery life issue is killing me.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

I have been doing a bunch of texting and emailing lately because of the holidays- a lot more than usual. I used to get about 2 days worth out of my battery- strong. Now I am getting down to about in the 40 percentile range by days end. I begin using my phone about 8am and go to bed around mid-night. I'd say that's pretty good.

Also someone told me to turn off the phone and then charge it up and it will last much longer. I actually found since I did that my battery drains at a much quicker rate. Why is that?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PyRoTeCh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3056A61
    Battery life on my pearl compared to my 8830 is definitely less. I do recall my battery barely lasting a day though on my 8830 for the first week or so. I just got the Pearl about week and half ago and the battry does seem to be getting 'better'. The trick to lithem cells is to keep them on charge and topped up for there intial break in period. I have found this to be a fail safe plan, however it can be a little inconvenient to keep putting the phone or battery on charge constantly but it pays off. Remember, draining a lithem battery down to nothing or near nothing is not something advisable, every now and again it happens which is ok. Hope this helps, sorry for such a long winded post.

blkblackberry no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I get about 4 to 5 days of use and charge on the last bar. Yes I use standby and auto on off from 1am to 7 am everyday.love this phone,

PIN/ID
    23FA8180

Quote Originally Posted by nlasassin View Post
    update on my battery situation. I replaced the battery yesterday (Wed) with a brand new battery.. Charged it to 100% overnight. Took it off my charger at 6:20 am this morning (Thurs). I did 100 text today (sending/receiving) Im hooked to the BES and did no internet at all today. Made one call that last 3 minutes. At exactly 9:00pm tonight I went to send a text and got the message "Radio off, battery is to low to send". It didnt even last me a full day! 14.5 hours and I didnt even use it as much as I usually do.. Now to me that is not sufficient. Does this sound right to anyone else? Does everyone think I should swap out the phone? I really dont want to but this battery life issue is killing me.

doesnt seem normal to me, have you tried turning off the gps locater?

PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

Quote Originally Posted by Thingus995 View Post
    doesnt seem normal to me, have you tried turning off the gps locater?
    yeah I have the GPS locator off. I have a holster with the magnet so it shuts the backlight off as soon as I put it in the holster and no keys can be pressed. I dont know what else to do..

I was waiting on your reply Thingus. I knew you would have some insight..

PIN/ID
    23FA8180

when i built robots in high school we used the same li-ion batteries for those, and sometimes the circumstances would cause a battery that was previously good (such as in shop tests) to go bad on the field... sometimes during the competition we would have to "recondition" a battery because li-ion cells have a "memory" which is why
    you dont want to drain them completely all the time such as pyrotech said... however, may i suggest giving this one last try? charge your battery completely and drain it as quickly as possible 3-4 times, then charge it completely and subject it to normal use... sometimes that would get our batteries back on track... just throwin it out there as a final option although it is a little tedious

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234