Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I have had my pearl for about a 3 weeks. It started out with 3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vtrd00d no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery Life, What are you guys getting?

Advertisement

I have had my pearl for about a 3 weeks. It started out with 3 days of standby basically.

It has since dwindled to alittle over 24hrs. I havent changed anything on my phone still syncing the same.

So my question to you guys is what do you guys typically get from a full charge a "normal" usage?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Battery Life, What are you guys getting?

I just charge it every night so I don't have to worry about it.

freakinprince no está en línea Stack level 2

with standby mode (as of doing nothing with phone) i get 7 full days or more before it needs to be recharged

however since i do alot of txting....hardcore txting would get me at least three days and maybe a little more....just normal usage a few txting and standy by would be around 4 - 5 days before needs to charge

you might wanna make sure nothing is running in the background such as browser or messenger or other apps ....click on alt + back arrow button and you should see a task list of things that are running
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-20-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Self promoting trust/Rules violation

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

It greatly depends on how much mail comes in, how much web browseing or texting and calling you do. In the older Blackberry Manuels, it said that unlike a standard Cell phone the Blackberry is to be charged every day. do not let the battery run all the way down. this is not go for the batttery. I have never seen RIM state this has changed. I charge mine every night, and it seems happy, I get down to 2 bars if it has been a chatty day, But I have a cord in my PC at work, a car charger, a cord in my laptop bag and a wall charger at home.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

tj2311111 Guest

Mine gets down to 10% battery life from 8:30AM to about 10:00PM. This is with heavy use of Jivetalk, SMS and Email, moderate Phone use, and light web browsing and etc (Viigo, Google Maps. Live Search). I dont play media (videos, music) on my phone though.

vtrd00d no está en línea Stack level 1

ok hmm, i am not a heavy user at all, i probly send 25 txts a day and maybe 10 emails. I get about 50 emails a day and i dont browse the web except for weather.

Thanks for the info.

themysterey no está en línea Stack level 1

i send about 400 texts a day and use the phone for about an hour or less and i get about 2 or 3 days of battery out of it

Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180

i get about 18 hours on a full charge, i send approximately 2500 texts a day, get a couple emails, do heavy web browsing and light phone use

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I text, no idea how much.. And do a lot of web browsing since my puter is CRAP! Also BB messenger. I charge it at night. I start at 730am and by 11PM I'm down to 20%.

BtitoB no está en línea Stack level 1

Textin is defenetly big on my BB, I charge it over night everyday and it starts runnin like around 7:00 am and by 11:00 PM my phones battery life is down to 10% but that's after using the browser and media for most of the day

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I used to get at least 2 days of battery life when my phone was new before I had to recharge. Now 6 months later I usually get down to 20-25% by the end of the day with normal usage. I normally just send around 20 texts a day, check the weather occasionally and go on pinstack before I go to sleep.

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

With usage of IM and Messengers and apps, mine goes down to 80%. Once I start making one call, then that thing drops like a girl or dude going down REAL LOW and taking a deep plunge. LOL

When I had my 8100 with Cingular, I never had this problem with the battery dying so fast like I do with my 8130.

JE
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 12-21-2007 at 01:46 PM.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

Mine usually has to be charged by the end of the night. However thats probably counting numerous text messages/emails and as well as IM/Facebook messages. As well as a few calls throughout the day ranging in time from 10 minutes to over an hour. Either way I just got in the habit of charging it every night so it doesnt really dawn on me anymore.

shortphatokie no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I receive between 200 and 300 emails a day, 75 to 100 txts a day and make or receive 75 to 100 calls a day. Lasts a couple of days as long as I'm not using my bluetooth. That drastically reduces the battery life.

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Im so glad theres a thread about this. I just purchased my 8100 last week and it only lasts a day. I have that "pimp my pearl" app on my phone. Im guessing thats a major contributor. I was wondering if it was just moi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast