Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone. I had a pretty brief question regarding the battery life on my Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bcycling21 no está en línea Stack level 1

battery life = way short

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I had a pretty brief question regarding the battery life on my Pearl. When I first got the phone I could probably go 3-5 days without having to charge the thing. I truly don't talk on it all that much and I send a few texts every now and then, possibly 1-2 a day and I probably talk on the phone about 15 minutes max everyday. This hasn't changed since I got the phone.

I've probably had it about 2 or 3 months now and it seems like the battery life is a lot shorter. Is there anything I can do to get it back to the life it seemed to have when I first got it or I am stuck with the shorter living battery?

Thanks.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: battery life = way short

Well, I bought the seidio enhanced battery just in case, and now I've ended up using only that, having put the OEM in the deep freezer! I'm truly happy with the long life I now have! Cheers!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

what version do you have? i noticed that my battery goes down quick ever since i changed to 1.66 TIM for Italy..
    anyone else has the same problem?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

As stated above, the OS might have something to do with that. You may also have open programs running in the background that affect battery life. Hit Alt+Escape to see if you have any battery hog programs running in the background (IM programs, etc.).

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have programs running constantly and my battery life is super short!! I think I am going to buy a better battery too

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

try to keep your phone in stand by mode , if possible
    Better Times Ahead

Jim
    PIN - 2052B397
    Email - kunalakajim@gmail.com

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

The new Italy OS will run the battery short if you turn the Auto-dim off. Try turning down the brightness of your screen. Also, make sure your bluetooth is off....\
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bcycling21
    Hey everyone. I had a pretty brief question regarding the battery life on my Pearl. When I first got the phone I could probably go 3-5 days without having to charge the thing. I truly don't talk on it all that much and I send a few texts every now and then, possibly 1-2 a day and I probably talk on the phone about 15 minutes max everyday. This hasn't changed since I got the phone.

I've probably had it about 2 or 3 months now and it seems like the battery life is a lot shorter. Is there anything I can do to get it back to the life it seemed to have when I first got it or I am stuck with the shorter living battery?

Thanks.
    You're probably stuck with a shorter living battery. I'm assuming you didn't change to the TIM software update and that your useage pattern is the same. Batteries go bad just like anything else. I have an OEM I'll sell you for $10 shipped that I don't need. It's 4 months old, lasted 4-5 days between charges.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

My battery’s life is definitely shorter now than when I got the pearl a few months ago, and it’s got nothing to do with the TIM OS (It’s been noticeably shorter for several weeks now). But it’s not a big deal. I run programs all day, I’m ALWAYS logged on to BB Messenger, I use the camera, and it still lasts me all day and then some. By the time I go to bed, I’ve got 1 or 2 bars left, but I charge every night, so it’s cool. But if you want to increase battery life, try the tried and true method of letting it completely deplete once in a while before recharging. That tends to “reinvigorate” your charges. If it’s a real issue, get that extended battery (I’ve heard only good things about it).

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

3 to 5 days??? I never got that from that my pearl. I'm a heavy user I guess.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    3 to 5 days??? I never got that from that my pearl. I'm a heavy user I guess.
    yeah seriously same here..

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

it always happens because all batteries work on lithium ionide......and the ions which gets charge....start losing their movement which causes battery to run of shortage...plz buy a new battery...i have 2 batteries...and use them regularly

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Mine normally takes 3-4 days
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

do a battery swap at your store..batteries are covered for a year so they shouldnt charge you anything
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

FYI- using your car charger will also significantly reduce your battery life. That's because it does a quick charge. I have done my own battery tests using 2 batteries, one charged only by car, and one with household current. As with anything else, these results may not apply to everyone. Both batteries had previously been charged by car and household current. I have noticed however that the car charged battery doesn't hold a charge as well, or as long. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast