Does anyone know what the recommended practice is for charging the battery? For example, does ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

Battery life/charging question

Advertisement

Does anyone know what the recommended practice is for charging the battery? For example, does it make any difference if I charge it to full every day or if I use it until the battery is almost fully discharged and then charge it? Or, is it bad to leave the phone plugged in after it's fully charged? I've had phones/other electronic devices in the past where if you leave it plugged in for too long it completely kills the battery life...

Thanks!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Battery life/charging question

Well, I know it improves battery life if you let it die and then charge it. I don't know if it matters if you keep it in the charger, maybe someone will come along that know(Only reason I don't know is because I have mine turn on before I wake up).

Hope this helps,
    GP

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

If u're an avarage user charge it every other day and leave it for the night it wont hurt if it's plugged in after the battery has been fully charged.

If u're using it alot for mp3's, videos and games u'll have to charge it everynight. Again it wont hurt if its plugged in even when the battery has been fully charged.

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

cool, thanks for the info guys!

atarimaster no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i only use up about 3 bars of my BB's battery and I still charge it every night ... Am I going to kill my battery life?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by atarimaster
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i only use up about 3 bars of my BB's battery and I still charge it every night ... Am I going to kill my battery life?
    On my personal opinion u wont kill it. Maybe after long long time it will show a slight diff than those who didnt charge til it dies. But that aint big difference. I like to have my phone charged always not like my bro, whenever I talk to him he tells me sorry I have to my battery is dieing lol

atarimaster no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only reason I'm worried is cause I always charge all of my electronics before I go to bed and I have had cellphones, laptops, and portable gaming devices that will no longer hold a full charge.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    Well, I know it improves battery life if you let it die and then charge it.
    That is for NiCad and NMH batteries. The Blackberry batteries are Lithium Ion and don't need or really like deep discharge. They prefer to be topped off.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    That is for NiCad and NMH batteries. The Blackberry batteries are Lithium Ion and don't need or really like deep discharge. They prefer to be topped off.

Rcbjr.
    Sorry. Got this infor from the stacks though. I noticed a difference in battery life after I started doing it.

GP

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

i charge mine every morning when i am at my desk then i usually dont ccharge it at all on weekends unless i have to..... i have not noticed any change in battery life in the last few months..... i knwo what youre talking about, my samsung mp3 player doesnt like to be left charging for very long after its full..... but with the pearl, no issues at all

camiiseta no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr

Rcbjr.
    Actually that's only for Ni-Cd. Ni-MH doesn't have a memory in it and you can charge and discharge all you want :]. I sell cell phones and I see a lot of people losing charges in their battery's because they don't fully discharge it and charge it up fully. It's a good safety precaution. Esp. if you do it the very first time.

And as a lot of other people said, if you're just a regular user and not going and lots of different trips w/o access to a charger; just put it on the charger every day and you'll be fine for the day.