I left my phone on my nightstand last night, I checked it at 11 ish ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Life

Advertisement

I left my phone on my nightstand last night, I checked it at 11 ish and my battery was at about 80%.... Then when I woke up at 6 my phone had about 20% battery life and ended up dieing at about 1. In the morning there was no games running or anything open it was sitting on my dresser... does any one know what could have caused this?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Battery Life

Was the backlight on all night? Every once in a while I will notice my backlight wont go dim, until I remove the battery. Is this the first time that has happened?

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Are you in a poor coverage area? When your phone has to search for a nerwork or tower to connect to, I've found it takes the most life out of a battery. I can start my day at about 6am and if I'm in an area with spotty coverage, my battery is toast by 1pm.

I didn't notice the back light being on.. i face the nightstand when I sleep. And my coverage area is fine I usually get 5 bars. It is the first time happening.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Was Bluetooth left on?

When was the last time it was charged?

I could have perhaps not closed a game... that's what I'm thinking as of now..... And it was full charge at the beginning of the day and only wasted 20% then over night it wasted like 60%

cyclothymic no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having very similar issues with my 8700 - it went from super battery life to needing a charge less than every 24 hours. Just checked though and there were three games on Resume. Have turned them off and am recharging now - I was close to getting a new battery but once again BBforum comes to the rescue.

Is there any way I can see what progs are active on my BB? Like the Task Manager on Windows?