Hey guys hopefully you can help me out with this..... For the 4 months or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hj1986 no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery Life

Advertisement

Hey guys hopefully you can help me out with this.....
    For the 4 months or so i've had my 8120 the battery life has been avg-good but recently in the last couple days the battery has been draining from 80% all the way down to 0 overnight! I havent been using it any differently and i want this problem to go away asap so if someone could help me out that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hj1986 View Post
    Hey guys hopefully you can help me out with this.....
    For the 4 months or so i've had my 8120 the battery life has been avg-good but recently in the last couple days the battery has been draining from 80% all the way down to 0 overnight! I havent been using it any differently and i want this problem to go away asap so if someone could help me out that'd be great. Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like you're either running something (like a program) all the time that you're unaware of OR you're spending a lot of time in a no service area - something like that. Either will "drain" the battery. Especially if you're in a no service area - the phone spends a lot of effort trying to locate service. Does that help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you don't use WiFi or Bluetooth, try turning those off to save power.

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try also putting your phone on standby once and awhile...Also like fish check the programs running, such as any instant messenger programs or anything that needs to use data frequently ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    More than lightly is a program running in the background that causes your BB to use battery juice. What apps do you have installed?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hj1986 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks guys i think i figured it out..... some stupid game (bubblepopper) was still running i guess and draining the batt. i deleted it and the battery life seemed to have returned to normal. thanks for the replies!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Glad to hear that you found the cause of your batery killer! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~