Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Are you using the software update for the Rogers pearl? Or did you get one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Battery Life

Advertisement

Are you using the software update for the Rogers pearl? Or did you get one from BB website?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krazykritter no está en línea Stack level 1

Man what do you guys consider heavy useage? Its not uncommon for me to average around 1000 sms and a couple hundred emails a day and I'm only lasting a day. Not to mention IM on Yahoo or BB Messanger.

JaceRider no está en línea Stack level 1

All I have to say is that it is way better than my T-mobile MDA battery life.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JaceRider, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

I noticed that the battery usage was rather high on my 8100. I found out that Piconews was set to "push" mode. I changed the setting to "poll" every 15 minutes. Battery life has improved considerably.

You may also want to look into any other application such as weather / traffic with high update rates.

I also turned-off the LED coverage and the BT LED connection indicators.

I hope this helps.

LGV

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Well I could'nt wait so I didn't charge it for 24hrs when I got it and only days later I am regretting it cuz it dies really fast. anyone know where I can buy a cheap new one? battery that is

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

and in my case I have an 1hr & 44min Movie (500MB) of X-Men 3 DVD ported over to my Pearl thru use of DVD Shrink & Super C that I can't fully watch cuz my battery dies an hour into it lol

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

I found the following information about Li-on batteries at www_dot_batteryuniversity_dot_com:

1. Avoid full cycle because of wear. 80% depth-of-discharge recommended. Re-charge more often. Avoid full discharge. Low voltage may cut off safety circuit.
    2. Store at 40% charge in a cool place (40% state-of-charge reads 3.75-3.80V/cell at open terminal).
    3. Do not store at full charge and at warm temperatures because of accelerated aging.
    4. Do not stockpile lithium-ion batteries; avoid buying dated stock, even if offered at a reduced price. Observe the manufacturing date, if available.
    5. Do not store lithium-ion fully depleted. If empty, charge for about 30 minutes before storage. Self-discharge on a depleted battery may cause the protection circuit to trip, preventing a recharge.

NinjanickC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2903

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am in high school, and I text and browse the web not to mention listen to 3 hours worth mp3 and an anime episode

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the battery life sucks! I finally used the phone for my first full day (taking phone off charger at 915am!). Its now almost 12 hours later and I have half a battery left. Ive had bluetooth on synced with my headset the whole time and I have sent and received about 50 texts including MMS. Made 1 phone call.

My Nokia 6682 would still have FULL battery with this usage. Im apalled at how lousy the life is on this unit. Im afraid to use it more and be away from any charging receptical.

Alex

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine lasts a good day or 2 using it off and on all day. I'm not complaining too much

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Some people must have A) got a bad battery or B) didnt charge it properly when they first got it. This phones battery to me is like whoa! My phone doesnt stop ringing, im always on it, constantly with the bluetooth, many messages of all types sent and it lasts. It seems to get mostly through the first 30% rather quickly but then after that it lasts forever let me tell you. I had a nokia it was awesome with battery but it would stay with bull bars for a day and then after that it would diminish real fast. Some phones arent too accurate as far as battery indication! Just alittle FYI on my previous experiences.

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d

Totally agree with qbang,I am a total phone addict with sony ericssons windows mobile phones palm treos and my three blackberries and the berries totally kick *** compared to any of the others.If you really want to experiance poor battery life try and borrow a new sony ericsson p990i i managed about 3 to 4 hours on it and that was about 50 texts and one 5 mionute phone call.People always seem quick to criticise but in reality the berrys provide significant battery useage.

On a similar not it is also important to use the same battery.I have been told that the battery indicators on phones learn the battery cycle.So if you keep swapping between batteries then that increases the inaccuracy of the information it is telling you

Hope that hlpes

Peter

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

The two big battery saving tips that work for me is turn off your bluetooth when not using it and turn off the back light if you can.Those 2 seem t allow my battery to make it through the day.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

After using my Seidio case with the sleep function I can say battery life lasts a lot LONGER. This is with Bluetooth and signal LED on all day long. Before when I would put it on the charger at night it would be at half battery, now its only lost 2 bars. Thank you sleeper function.

Alex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast