Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How does everyone think the battery life is for this phone? I took mine off ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Battery Life

Advertisement

How does everyone think the battery life is for this phone? I took mine off the charger at 930 this a.m. And it's 5 o'clock now, and I only have one bar left.

I won't lie, I use a cellphone VERY heavily, but this is not good! Otherwise that is my only complaint about this slick little phone! Let's hear some feedback please!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Re: Battery Life

If your heavy on the phone all the time get another battery period!!! I would say that with normal use as in just emails and a little web you will have 30-40% at the end of the day. Once you start making calls you can watch it go down and down and down. I mostly use email and web and maybe 3-4 5 minute calls and im at 40% at 9pm and starting my day at 9am. Its not the best its not the worst battery they have made. Also BB messenger and any other IM app will eat up battery fast. I hope they come out with an extended battery but I dont see that for a while. Make sure you drain your battery all the way down once and charge it over night after that keep topping it off as much as you can.
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

if you leave a lot of app running at the same that that also helps drain the battery a lot.

Yeah, I've noticed that if you actually close the camera app., that helps a lot!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I see an improvement over the battery of the 8700g versus the Pearl. I had to charge the 8700g 3 times a day with heavy usage and an extended battery was never released for the 8700g.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

I have a pearl and the battery life is okay. Better then the phone I had before (nextel i930). But for me, I plug in my usb cable when I'm at my desk at work so its usually charged up.
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the info everyone. I needed to know this as I'm a heavy data user, mainly email and pin messaging.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

The thing that drains mine the most is the bluetooth connection I have with my headset. I have it on all day. But I think the battery life is pretty consistent with the 8700. But with all the media features I use on this, I cant complain. Plus I use my phone for 4000 minutes a month.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

moilar no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange to see all the different battery usage issues. The pearl is my third BB and the best BY FAR.

I'm a very, very heavy email and sms user -- (300+ emails read a day, 50+ sent) and a light phone user (maybe 6 or 7 calls of 5 minutes a day) and I consistently get 3+ days of battery. This is at least twice as good as my 7100.

mo

Wow! How often do you use the other features, such as Bluetooth or the camera?

lilbukka no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DED170

I was thinking the pearls battery would last longer if it were in a case or pouch with a magnet I'm comming from the 8700g and the battery on that phone would last until the next day for me but I don't know if you folks are experiencing theese issues with without a case.

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6

Quick question about the pearl I just got one for my store and noticed there is no holster or there is no memmory card. Is this how its suppose to come? If someone can pm me with the answer iwould really appreciate it honestly I probb will never check this out again. Thanks again

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

No holster or micro sd card comes with the pearl.

krazykritter no está en línea Stack level 1

The software update for the pearl will help. I've only had it a few days and I already see a noticeable difference.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

The 8100 battery life was one of the PRIMARY reasons why I got the phone. It just doesn't get much better than this. From my experience anyway. I also say it lasts about 3 days with heavy use. If I start using chat programs that's when it starts to go down quite a bit but I've had to deal with the poor battery of SK3, so this was a big boost for me. I love it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast