So i purchase the 8100 yesterday and charged it for 15 hours prior to using ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RIMed no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Life

Advertisement

So i purchase the 8100 yesterday and charged it for 15 hours prior to using it, and i take the phone to work with me 8AM and have made 2 phone calls. The battery life started at 100% and now (2PM CST) it's 90%. Does that sound right?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Battery Life

It's possible.... did you play with messenger or any other pgms just to play with them. ?
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Yes, My 8100 I got yesterday, went to 90% quickly, but stayed there for awhile. I've been using it all day, and i'm now at 85%...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

The batteries need a little time to bresk in. When I got my 7130, the battery life was crappy for the first week or so, then it got good. Now I can go about 3 days between recharges, with solid amounts of voice, data, and im use.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

alot of if depends on how you charge it the first few times when you get the phone.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

RIMed no está en línea Stack level 2

ok, cool! so far i love this phone. thanks all!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Great little device huh?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I charged my 8100 for 12 hrs, did the same thing, battery went dead. When I recharged again, during the night, without interruption, such as downloading, it has been doing great ever since

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by RIMed
    So i purchase the 8100 yesterday and charged it for 15 hours prior to using it, and i take the phone to work with me 8AM and have made 2 phone calls. The battery life started at 100% and now (2PM CST) it's 90%. Does that sound right?
    Also keep in mind that those battery status indicators and meters are NOT precision programs. That is why you can see the thing go to 90% quickly, then to 85% and stay there for 1/2 a day.

IMHO these things are about as accurate as a Yugo moped fuel gauge.

It's a little disconcerting to see the thing indicate battery power remaining is at 30% when in reality you probably have two to three days power left.

Myself, I keep it plugged into a charger at all times when at home or the office. So when I see it go to 60% left, I start worrying when I should be practicing what I preach, which is to not worry about it.

Oh, and I NEVER rely on manufacturer's advertised battery estimates. Whatever a manufacturer says, I figure I will get about 20% of the advertised estimate. Their estimates are based on the phone just sitting there with maybe one call a day, for one minute.

RIM is not alone, all manufacturers fudge on estimates, e.g., notebook computers, auto miles pr gallon, lightbulbs, milk.....
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 09-28-2006 at 05:49 PM.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have found for my 8700 that when I charge it overnite when its off I get a full charge... But as I play with the different programs the battery level drops.... I am a heavy user so if I have 30 percent at the nd of the day I am doing well...

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Enjoyed the post by sanfrancisco, and my experience reflects his. One thing I would like to add. When companies make estimates on battery life for phones and fuel economy (mpg) for cars, they usually do so according to industry standards. They simulate a very specific sequence of events. While this may not accurately reflect your particular situation, it is intended to give some representation of the "average" user's experience. So while these numbers are usually off-base, you can take heart that every smartphone manufacturer is doing the same thing, so it helps you when you compare different models, even from different manufacturers.

gizmo132 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm glad to hear I don't need to charge it constantly. I have been very happy so far. Using it out of box for almost an hour nonstop.

I got it because the battery was good, and features are great. Beat my now defunct RAZR

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

gizmo132, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo132
    Beat my now defunct RAZR
    I remember when that RAZR came out. Was expensive and a must have [I did not get one].

I talked to people who had one and seems that everyone had only a lukewarm attitude about having it.

Now this 8100, heard only raves about it.