hi ppl what r ur thoughts about the battery life of 8100...??? mine starts draining ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2

battery life

Advertisement

hi ppl

what r ur thoughts about the battery life of 8100...???

mine starts draining by the evening... dont know y...

is it mine 8100 's battery or is it the same case with everyone????

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    It mostly will depend on what your doing on your phone. Playing games, talking, browsing the web all will drain your battery faster than if it is in your pocket. Some things you can do to help would be to turn the backlight down by going into options...screen/keyboard. If you are using ColorPearl, it will drain it faster because the light for the pearl is much brighter when using that program.

i only use it to make calls...though many times on speakerphone...
    n hav set the backlight to 20....
    still battery drains very fast...

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had my BB Pearl 8100 since last July. I only charge it about every other day, sometimes every third day. I would call my use "moderate" in nature. When not being used, it lives in a neat little leather sleeve I got from BlackBerry. Similar to a belt case but no clip or belt loop. It has the magnet gizmo that keeps the device turned off when in the sleeve. I also have it set to turn off every night at 11:00 pm and fire back up the next morning at 7:00 am. As a result, my battery life is great... I love the Pearl and am thinking about picking up the new model with Wi-Fi, the 8120.

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    blaber, do you use standby or lock your phone ever? If not, when you're not using the phone it could still be lit up while it is in your pocket

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink View Post
    blaber, do you use standby or lock your phone ever? If not, when you're not using the phone it could still be lit up while it is in your pocket

i put it on standby...
    btw it is there any other way to lock/standby automatically???

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink View Post

i put it on standby...
    btw is there any other way to lock/standby automatically???

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    You can set up an autolock which will require you to enter a password upon unlocking...this is done by going to options, security options, general settings, and where it says password, select enable...enter in a password twice, and you can set it to automatically anywhere from like 1 minute to 1 hour, whichever you prefer

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I never turn my 8100 off I do plug it in every night well almost. It is my main phone, I text, chat, and am on internet and gridMagic battery seems to hold up well even if I don't charge at night and I've had it for 14 months

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    Ive had mine since last June...and I charge it about every other night. This is with extreme use of data, light to moderate calls, and brickbreaker on occassion. I remember when I first got it, it didn't last quite as long as it does now..so maybe you just have to break it in.

monilovesedmond no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been quite impressed with the battery life of my 8100. I don't turn it off much, other than once a day. It's good to do that so it can reconnect to the towers if you've been in different places. That will cause it to bog down if you don't refresh it, even for a second. I think I've got the best battery on this phone of one I've ever had. I do keep it plugged in most of the day while I'm at work but even if I don't it lasts at least a day.