Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok this is really starting to make me mad...you can see how mad i am, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery Killer

Advertisement

Ok this is really starting to make me mad...you can see how mad i am, this pearl eats the battery like friggin crazy i charge for like 2 days straight and then the next day it last like a couple of hours and its like half way done, im like woah, this phone sux, is there like a program to like make the battery last longer lol, or do i have to get a battery pack, and if so, which one lasts longer and the best and slim?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Battery Killer

make sure you are closing all the apps when you are finished with them. to see what apps are running in the background, click alt+back button (kind of like alt/tab with a pc)
    there are a few apps that will always be running (bbmessenger, messages, browser, phone log)

cherri i was wondering if you have like any extended battery packs or anything or ur doing good with the default one they gave u?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i bought the slim...

i will say that im not 'that' happy with it...i still have to charge at night and sometimes, a little 'fast charge' during the day...i am a heavy user, but only have the trackball program running.

my hubby, who never uses his bb, can go days without charging on his OEM battery...go figure.

lol so he always has his turn on, i dunno i like my pearl i have it on show off a lot to my friends haha they get so jealous, i need a battery pack, which is good and slim, but like im prolly not like ur hubby, always having it on, i call and text and stuff but nothign else besides that

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
    lol so he always has his turn on, i dunno i like my pearl i have it on show off a lot to my friends haha they get so jealous, i need a battery pack, which is good and slim, but like im prolly not like ur hubby, always having it on, i call and text and stuff but nothign else besides that
    The slim extended battery should be good for you. It will last about 1 1/2 to 2 days without a charge if you're a moderate user. I rarely talk on the phone so mine lasts a bit longer. I still charge it every night though. Hope this helps.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Here is the full size extended battery http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622

Here is the slim extended battery http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=658

I have a question. Can the DOOR to the 2400mAh battery be ordered by itself? The one I have does not snap into place like it used to on my first Pearl. I confirmed this Monday when my Pearl fell out of my jacket pocket and the door went flying thru the air.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-18-2007 at 02:21 AM.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Hmmm Im an extremely heavy bb user and my battery last for one full day

capuman no está en línea Stack level 2

iTzTeddy,

I was having the exact problem just last week..i charged the phone and over night it would go down from 100% to 5%!!!!
    I basically made sure that all my apps are closed when my phone is on standby..but it still drained the battery..so i then started to remove recent apps i had installed such as the color ball app, blackberry maps and some other game..and then i did a hard reset (remove battery for 30 secs then re insert). After that i charged it again, and its been perfect ever since
    Now after a 2/3 hour charge my pearl will last atleast 6 days without a charge (and i dont really have to charge it as after 6 days the battery is still at about 45%). I use my phone everyday, i send about 6 sms a day and make around 3 to 4 phone calls, each between 5 to 15 min long.

Antihero no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    make sure you are closing all the apps when you are finished with them. to see what apps are running in the background, click alt+back button (kind of like alt/tab with a pc)
    there are a few apps that will always be running (bbmessenger, messages, browser, phone log)
    Sorry for my ignorance but which key would be the alt key?

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Antihero
    Sorry for my ignorance but which key would be the alt key?
    the alt key says A L T on it, nothing else. lower left. there are only 24 keys, get familiar with them if you want to enjoy this device.

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    the alt key says A L T on it, nothing else. lower left. there are only 24 keys, get familiar with them if you want to enjoy this device.
    No need to get short with the poster. Especially since the T-mobile version does not say "ALT". It has a grey symbol of two arrows, one facing up one facing down.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah get the seidio battery I am a heavy user plus I use mp3 all day as well and it still lasts me all day&night plus I carry the OEM as backup just in case hehe

Antihero no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by winste
    No need to get short with the poster. Especially since the T-mobile version does not say "ALT". It has a grey symbol of two arrows, one facing up one facing down.
    Thanks. Thats what I thought was the alt key but wanted to make sure.

Baseball kyle, Im sure i would be able to figure it out if the key actually said alt.
    Last edited by Antihero; 04-18-2007 at 01:40 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yea its weird that it doesn't say alt. But I guess the color variation is suppose to signify that.since on the TMO its grey on top and black in bottom with funky looking arrows. Oh well. Does the Cingular version say it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast