Weird problems past week with my pearl...Seems like my battery has no life anymore, full ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Battery issue, sms not instant, recv multi msgs after 1hr or so

Advertisement

Weird problems past week with my pearl...Seems like my battery has no life anymore, full charge use to last me days with normal use..On heavy texting days battery down to say 50% sending around 50-100 txt msgs..

Problem i have now is i will send a text msg, will not get an instant reply..instead i get that reply like 1 hour later linked with other text msgs that were sent in that past hour or longer time frame..

Other day that happened and i watched my battery bar drop 2 blocks when i recv'd those msgs?

Also seems like i get alot more txt msgs that do not get sent (red X)..resend sometimes works..

I did a battery pull for 40min...still same..

Usually i just leave my phone on, plug into my usb while i sleep, use all day repeat... that bad ???

Seems to happen at work more often? Using v4.3.0.97 (platform 3.10.51)
    battery i gauge by status not by themes...particular theme had more bars, but used that theme for weeks, never say those bars dissapear like that..

Ideas?? Questions??

Monday i plan to see the verizon rep i purchased phone from take it from

Thank you for your time.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Thy texting delays are most likely a fault of your carrier, I've had/seen the same thing happen with 3 other phones.

The battery issue most likely is hardware related and I would see if you can get it swapped.

On the other hand, a phones battery will drain faster if its having a hard time getting a wireless signal. It is possible that the texting delays and the battery issues could be related to the phone having issues holding a solid signal.

Have you been having any other reception related issues? Any dropped calls?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you are having signal problems. To to that spot in your house or where ever you are having that problem and dial *228> hit send> listen for a second until the lady starts talking then hit 2. That will reprogram your phone to the network. I had a problem with dropped calls in the basement I went to the wors part of the basement and did that and haven't dropped a call since.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Interesting, I'm assuming that's a network specific thing right?

shagvirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    I pushed to get another phone with tech support...Will see how that works out..thx