My battery is losing a shed loads of power during the night. I went to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Battery dying at night

Advertisement

My battery is losing a shed loads of power during the night. I went to be and had about 75% battery and when I got up had about 25%. Is this normal using so much battery when im not using the phone?
    Have 2 pearls and the other one keeps going for days. Guess Ill have to get a Seidio extra battery.
    Just think its strange.
    Have not got it yet as would like the rubber cover but wont fit the extra battery.
    Thank
    Vince

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Battery dying at night

You must have something running constantly to drain it that much....unless you sleep for like 20 hours! I almost always have mine plugged into the charger when I fall asleep. Make sure all of your apps are properly closed next time to see if that makes a difference.

DrMom no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Make sure you have Bluetooth turned off. That really sucks the battery down.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

you probably have a program runnin in the background!
    make sure to close them when you are done, dont just press the end button.
    also dont let your bluetooth headset paired with the BB that will drain your battery

Kay-tay no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure you have Bluetooth turned off. That really sucks the battery down.
    Oh I'm glad I peeked at this, I've had a couple of folks complain about this and didn't think about the Bluetooth application. Thanks DrMom!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Just having Bluetooth on drains the battery? Or having your Bluetooth paired up drains the battery?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Just having Bluetooth on drains the battery? Or having your Bluetooth paired up drains the battery?
    Having it on will drain the battery. Not as much as being paired though.

PIN/ID
    Stack

I do leave my bluetooth on all night.
    I will turn it off tonight to see if it helps.
    And no I dont sleep 20 hrs a night, have to get up for work!!!!!!!!!
    Is there anyway of checking what is still running as in not closed down. I had a Symbian phone and it told me what was still running.
    Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

On the 8700 hitting the alt key and escape button at the same time opens up a banner of programs that are running. Might work the same on the Pearl.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I have heard that complaint of Bluetooth from multiple people but found in our experience here in the shop having and using Bluetooth actually extends the life of the battery due to a lower useage of the LCD. I leave my Bluetooth on at all times and use a Headset during the day which I shut down at night and can go 3 days with moderate internet usage on my 8700c. To top it all off mine is a Liquid damaged unit that we rebuilt from 4 other units with a new battery.

Zo.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Do you use Stanby Mode for your phone at night??

I found out that on Stanby Mode left on at night drains your battery alot. Well it does on the pearl for me that is. Maybe thats whats wrong with your phone.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

PIN/ID
    Stack

Just leave it on as normal. Don't use standby at all. Going to try Bluetooth off and tomorrow Bluetooth on and see what the results are after a nights kip. Just hope I remember to note the % before I go to bed and when I get up.
    Let my experment begin

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    I have heard that complaint of Bluetooth from multiple people but found in our experience here in the shop having and using Bluetooth actually extends the life of the battery due to a lower useage of the LCD. I leave my Bluetooth on at all times and use a Headset during the day which I shut down at night and can go 3 days with moderate internet usage on my 8700c. To top it all off mine is a Liquid damaged unit that we rebuilt from 4 other units with a new battery.

Zo.
    Thats true. For phone calling and other uses where you can use a headset bluetooth will not use as much battery life as using the handset keys and having the display powered.

However, what they mean is that while his BB is just sitting there not receiving calls or doing anything else, having the bluetooth antenna powered does reduce the life rather than it sitting there with the antenna not powered.

Standby cannot drain your battery life at an increased level, standby is as powered down as your BB can be and still send/receive calls and data. Using standby will increase your battery life while it is just sitting there overnight.
    Last edited by Kortanis; 06-05-2007 at 05:47 PM.

PIN/ID
    Stack

Right results of 1st night.
    Power 60% at bedtime
    Power 60% in morning

So with bluetooth off it used next to no power during the night.

Will confirm with bluetooth on tonight.