hey guys im new here, i have a Flip pearl 8220 and i bought a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Adventfred no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery drians within 10 hours

Advertisement

hey guys im new here, i have a Flip pearl 8220 and i bought a new battery for it, but it drains very quickly with no use also.... the usual bluetooth and wifi is off, i changed OS's many times to no avail, im on 4.6.305 right now
    An idea what i can do, i have no apps running

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Other than do what you have already done-close apps, change OS, and new battery, I don't see anything else to do. I see the 8220 in your device info, so I'm assuming youre on TMO. I may suggest maybe trying to find an unlocked 9700, they have phenominal battery life (my favorite berry). You can pick one up on eBay or craigslist for less than $150. Sorry this is probably not what you want to hear, but you've done everything you could, it may be a hardware issue rather than software, or it may be just the way that model is. Welcome to PinStack.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Get rid of that flip and get the 9780 (9700 is discontinued). OS 6 and the new UI will make you forget your Flip Berry. I came from the 8120 and almost never pick that up anymore.

blakeyates no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    make sure you fully charge that bad boy, dont let it go completely dead all the time.. this decreses the overall life of the battery..
    UGA Alumni 2008-11

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    How is your signal strength? If you are in an area with poor coverage, the battery will drain while the device searches for a signal that is weak or nonexistent.

My signal is ok as i work in the capital city, thing is i dont want to buy another berry L(

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You might also consider purchasing an app that monitors your CPU usage to see what's causing the drain. You'll find a few in the Utilities section on AppWorld. Do you see a lot of back and forth with the data arrows on the device?

i see it occasionally yes, what app can i use ?

knightstar no está en línea Stack level 2
    For the record, I have the 8530 and it drains in 5-6h(w/apps closed). I've read others having this problem w/this particular model. I hung on to my old 8320 battery(not sure if its bad for it, but three months of switching hasn't hurt it yet) just in case and lo and behold, turns out I needed it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Other things that can drain the battery quickly is the GPS, especially if you are using Google Maps or any navigation software, certainly if anything is constantly updating data, this will drain the battery.