Can someone please tell me why my battery keeps draining on my 8110. I downloaded ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE

Battery Draining

Advertisement

Can someone please tell me why my battery keeps draining on my 8110. I downloaded a couple of games earlier on in the day and then charged my battery. By the time i woke up it was fully drained but I never used it and only took it off charge at 4.00 am and got up at 10.00.

I have taken off most of these games and put the phone back on to charge so just looking now to see if it drains again.

Can you let me know if it was the games although they were not running nor was any other applications.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sherobin, Welcome to Pinstack. Unfortunately there is not enough information to offer a decent answer to your question except to say that something is running your battery down assuming that you don't have a problem phone or battery. No signal so that your phone constantly searches for one will to it; something running in background all the time will do it, etc.

You didn't say whether you turned off your phone while charging so I'll assume that you didn't. Battery "drain" is really excessive battery usage. I'd suggest turning your phone off and charging until the charge is complete. Then turn it on making sure that no applications are running - use it "normally" and, over time, activate applications observing the battery usage.

This is probably a solvable issue - use a little careful detective work.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Thanks for the quick response Jblackfish. I will keep an eye on it. I know that when I browse the internet I never go back to the home page after finishing I just click click the red (phone) key to take me back to the home screen. I never used to log out of Yahoo! but I did yesterday before I had this problem so as you said I will just keep my eye open.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also be aware that there are a number of programs with options to do automatic updating/downloading new info, possibly more frequently than you want. Look for it as you install new applications. You can press and hold alt+esc key to see/switch to what you have running at any given time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

calie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25536C9D
    hey guys
    so if you have things like yahoo,msn facebook etc running all the time it drains the battery?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    .... Eleanor Roosevelt