ok so today i installed a couple of themes and memory up on my 8100. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Battery drained in 5 hours!

Advertisement

ok so today i installed a couple of themes and memory up on my 8100. after seeing that memory up wasnt working i deleted it ! then i took 5 hr nap and when i woke up the battery was at 5% from being at 85% right before the nap ! has anyone ever had this happen to them? my battery has never drained that fast - i did a battery pull and now im charging hopefully this goes away!

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I've also noticed reduced battery life if/when I run a number of messaging applications in the background (iSkoot, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Go, etc.)

These applications will often access the GPRS/EDGE network to update status or check for new content. Heavy network/data use, not surprisingly, takes a heavy toll on the battery.

Check to see if you have any data network dependent applications running in the background. Turn them off, recharge and see how long the battery lasts.
    Last edited by rmarkowitz; 06-21-2008 at 07:02 PM.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I've also noticed some OS 4.5's loose battery fairly quickly due to heavy memory leaks

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    when I ran the 4.5 beta on my curve, it did drain the battery faster than normal.

Bluetooth connections that are left on can drain it more quickly too.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I haven't had any problems with 4.5 and battery life.
    /~*brooke

well thank God it works perfect now i charged it and its still at 100% so that was odd just hope this doesn't happen again

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    well< 8330 drains in about 7 hours- 8hours < and thats all . CDMA kills the battery, so your still goood

drnk post
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just make sure you really "close" your apps that drain battery power when you're not using them.
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    ok so today i installed a couple of themes and memory up on my 8100. after seeing that memory up wasnt working i deleted it ! then i took 5 hr nap and when i woke up the battery was at 5% from being at 85% right before the nap ! has anyone ever had this happen to them? my battery has never drained that fast - i did a battery pull and now im charging hopefully this goes away!

i had that happen to me...i was in a meeting and my battery was at 90%. an hour later when i got out of the meeting, my battery was too low to use radio...the only thing i have running in the background is Jivetalk and the normal apps that should be running...it was strange. i never had my battery drain so quickly. i got home, put my phone to charge n it did completely charge...but i have noticed that my battery tends to die a whole lot quicker...maybe i need a new battery, idk....any suggestions would be great!

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3
    This happened to me too after I got the OS4.5 on my Pearl. The battery died very quickly and the phone went into an hour glass spin after a battery pull. I just put it on the charger and went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning the phone was fine. Its been stable and fast and the battery life on it is extended now. I'm using the 'L' theme and I'm very satisfied with OS4.5 except for the camera problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Haider View Post
    This happened to me too after I got the OS4.5 on my Pearl. The battery died very quickly and the phone went into an hour glass spin after a battery pull. I just put it on the charger and went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning the phone was fine. Its been stable and fast and the battery life on it is extended now. I'm using the 'L' theme and I'm very satisfied with OS4.5 except for the camera problem!
    i have .18 on mine and everything works great absolutely no probs except this one that i have but its good now

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    i have .18 on mine and everything works great absolutely no probs except this one that i have but its good now
    Apparently .18 is a beta OS and its not accessible to everyone. If I could access it I would be very happy too because the only thing that's bothering me about 4.5 is the camera problem. I haven't had to use the camera yet but it really does not take decent pictures inside or outside, when I tested it!