Well my battery died this morning for the first time, didn't charge it overnight like ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Hazey11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery Died -> Killed my Pearl??

Advertisement

Well my battery died this morning for the first time, didn't charge it overnight like usual. Anyways when I woke up it was at a black screen and the LED flashes red every few seconds. Power button does nothing, so I plugged it into my computer to charge and windows poped up with a "Malfunction with USB Device" thing, i'm assuming because the blackberry is off, anyways so I take it to my car charger and plug it in. Same thing, just blinking red light. When I hit the power button it blinks twice quickly I believe? Right now it's sitting in my car charging, at least I think it is? What's wrong with it? Why can't I turn it on? My dad mentioned something about when his Treo dies he has to charge it to 100% before he can turn it on again or something along those lines. Is this true with the pearl also? Thanks.

Hazey11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Battery Died -> Killed my Pearl??

Nevermind I unplugged it from my car, took out the battery, and plugged it back into my car. I was greeted with a No Battery Image so I put the battery in while it was plugged in and that worked. It turned on (took a little to boot but it does everytime you reset with battery) and is now workin fine, besides the fact that its battery is dead. It's charging now though so all is well

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yay! glad you figured it out! don't let it die anymore

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Gotta charge it, that is a must!!!!!