Anyone else think the battery cover is pretty cheap on the pearl... i know ill ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

miller420 no está en línea Stack level 1

battery cover

Advertisement

Anyone else think the battery cover is pretty cheap on the pearl... i know ill be buying replacments... and usually its fairly easy to remove... i damn near broke my blackberry just now trying to get the cover off. it was stuck on there pretty good. Love the phone though, its beautiful... maybe it will come in handy if i ever get into buisness lol, and i would never use at as a media player, its too slow... and my 30 gig ipod does the trick, but i still would never leave home without it love the trackwheel and keyboard too... BEAUTIFUL PHONE
    Well enough of my rambling haha

peace

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by miller420
    Anyone else think the battery cover is pretty cheap on the pearl... i know ill be buying replacments... and usually its fairly easy to remove... i damn near broke my blackberry just now trying to get the cover off. it was stuck on there pretty good. Love the phone though, its beautiful... maybe it will come in handy if i ever get into buisness lol, and i would never use at as a media player, its too slow... and my 30 gig ipod does the trick, but i still would never leave home without it love the trackwheel and keyboard too... BEAUTIFUL PHONE
    Well enough of my rambling haha

peace
    Hi miller420... Out of curiosity, did you push the silver button (between the two little gold colored plates on the back of your phone) while trying to slide the cover up? =) I didn't realize it was a button the first few times I tried to take the cover off, then realized that it was a spring loaded button and it made the cover slide on and off quite easily.

And I don't know... I for one think the cover is made pretty well. I read in another forum that to stop speaker distortion and rattiling with high volume sounds/ringtones, to drill a few really small holes in the cover over where the speaker is (of course taking the cover off first hehe)... and my concern was the silver paint where it says "blackberry".. I was worried that it might start scratching and flake off. but nothing yet.