Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm just noticing today after normal daily usage that the battery is draining a bit ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Battert Life on Pearl

Advertisement

I'm just noticing today after normal daily usage that the battery is draining a bit more than usual... anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue??

AEluron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0AB9B

Re: Battert Life on Pearl

Any new programs installed? How old is the unit?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i have noticed that if i keep jive talk on all day, my batt life is cut down by half

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

Using a bluetooth hands-free kit ate my battery.

capuman no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi guys,

i just noticed this problem too.

I've had my bb for just over a week now..the first week the battery was fine, i did not have to charge it at all..last night i left it charging for a couple of hours, when i saw the battery was full, i unplugged it.

this morning when i picked up my phone the battery life had gone down to 5%!!! what the??

I pulled out the battery, put it back in but still it was on 5%...I then thought that perhaps it could be cause of an app that i may have installed recently?..but the only thing i have installed is black berry maps and an app which changed the trackball colour. Anyways, i've removed those two apps now and im currently charging my BB again...lets see if it solves the problem.

Could installing an app like blackberry maps really affect the battery power? even thgouh last night the phone was on standby..its not like i was using it whilst i was sleeping :S

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

No, Blackberry maps shouldn't be decreasing your battery.

Just make sure you're closing the applications instead of exiting out and leaving them running in the background.

HOLD ALT + Escape (right of the trackball) gets you to the applications running.
    5 should be running by default. A few more if you have certain applications.
    5 Default are:
    1.Call Log
    2.Homescreen
    3.BB Messenger
    4.Browser
    5.Messages

hmmm yeah thats all i see running...

so why on earth would my battery go from 100% to 5% over night...when it was just on standby doing nothing..?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by capuman
    hmmm yeah thats all i see running...

so why on earth would my battery go from 100% to 5% over night...when it was just on standby doing nothing..?
    That is odd. I leave my pearl all the time and when I come back to get it it has as much life as before.

ok, its been 2 and a half hours since i finished the full charge..ive been playing around with it but very little..one text message, looking at settings..simple stuff and its now down to 95%... (but im guessing thats normal since i have very low network here and its constantly trying to connect..)

I dont understand what happened last night...im hoping it will function and last as per normal now after i did a battery pull and removed the apps i installed..

Piratepete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    jstask

I tried the ALT + Escape and it did not work on my phone.
    I am with cingular, any ideas?

it works with mine..but i have to leave the ALT pressed..then click on escape (whilst still leaving ALT pressed)..i then see a little menu with the apps i am running (Which are the ones listed above)

I still dont understand what happened last night..and whether its working as it should now...5% battery loss in 3 hours...with minium usage and in standby mode..does that sound normal ...could the theme i have be causing this? (i have the iphone theme downloaded from this forum..)

Piratepete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    jstask

Got the menu, Thanks
    Not sure on the battery life, sorry.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by capuman
    it works with mine..but i have to leave the ALT pressed..then click on escape (whilst still leaving ALT pressed)..i then see a little menu with the apps i am running (Which are the ones listed above)

I still dont understand what happened last night..and whether its working as it should now...5% battery loss in 3 hours...with minium usage and in standby mode..does that sound normal ...could the theme i have be causing this? (i have the iphone theme downloaded from this forum..)
    5% battery loss in 3 hours is definitely more the norm.

a theme should not cause this, an app should not cause this - basically nothing short of running a movie/music non-stop should run your battery down to 5% overnight (if everything is work properly on your device).....

yeah thats what i thought..which is why i dont undesrtand what happened.

My device has been working perfectly all week though..its only been since i installed the blackberry maps app...

seems to be ok now though...still holding at 95% after 5 hours..and ive already played around with it a little today...lets hope it stays like this until tonight atleast.

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

Bluetooth car kit killed my battery the first few days I had it. Just use the hands-free that came with the Pearl now.
    How can you see what state your battery is in by the way? Is there an option to show battery time left (like the old Sony Ericsson Li-polymer batteries?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast