I wanted a way to convert a directory full of videos for playback on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

booyakafoo no está en línea Stack level 1

batch processing of video files

Advertisement

I wanted a way to convert a directory full of videos for playback on the Pearl. I created a batch file that will do just that. It uses mencoder for the actual conversion.

Example, I had a directory of Robot Chicken Season 1 files.
    Robot Chicken - Season 1 DVD
    - Robot.Chicken.S01.Extras_Behind.The.Scenes_DVDRip. XviD-DIMENSION.avi
    - Robot.Chicken.S01.Extras_Sweet.J.Presents_DVDRip.X viD-DIMENSION.avi
    - etc...

In this example I just drag the folder "Robot Chicken - Season 1 DVD" and drop it on the batch file on my desktop.

The batch file will create a directory "Robot Chicken - Season 1 DVD" in a specified location, and convert each video. In addition to batch processing, this batch file will also process a single video file dropped onto it. It will create a directory in the "savedir" path and save the converted file in there.

Instructions..
    Get mencoder, I can't post the url but you can get it at mplayerhq.hu download section. It is in the Mplayer bundle.
    Create a new text document on the desktop, name it pearl convert.bat
    Edit "pearl convert.bat" and paste the code below
    Edit the savedir variable to a directory that you want your videos saved to. Make sure the directory exists.
    Edit the mencoder variable to the location of mencoder.exe
    Save and exit.

Then drag and drop a directory containing videos or a single video that you want to convert.

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    REM ## edit these to set the paths for save dir and mencoder ##
    set savedir=c:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\My Videos\Pearl
    set mencoder="c:\program files\mencoder\mencoder.exe"

REM ## don't edit below here ##
    mkdir "%savedir%\%~n1"
    if "%~x1"=="" GOTO multi
    %mencoder% -vf scale=240:-2 %1 -o "%savedir%\%~n1\%~n1.avi" -of avi -ofps 24 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=250:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64 
    :multi
    FOR %%F IN (%1\*) DO %mencoder% -vf scale=240:-2 "%%F" -o "%savedir%\%~n1\%%~nF.avi" -of avi -ofps 24 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=250:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: batch processing of video files

Awesome Booyakafoo, thanks for sharing this. I'm sure this will make many Stackers happy.

izy0007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: batch processing of video files

help!!! does anyone have a step by step
    how to change the settings for mencoder or super c i transferd the divx to avi but it doesnt play have a pearl 8130 thanx in advance:cry: