If this has already been discussed my sincere apologies. When I first got my Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dossw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F01C04

Question Baffled

Advertisement

If this has already been discussed my sincere apologies.

When I first got my Pearl 8100 the typing was "Super Great!". It seemed to pick up on what I was typing and stay 95% accurate. Been a week now and it is getting worse!! I thought I understood that it was suppose to learn and get better..... Seems like every time I type a work now it throws out some ascii character types with the dots on top of the letters and such. It is awful now to try to type anything. Pretty much I hit a letter then scroll to the proper letter then second letter scroll ect................. Any one else experiencing this or know of a fix? I am guessing it's most likely isolated to me or something I may have done or surely I would have seem lots more people talking about this on here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A side question: How do I summit a new thread via BB? I tried to find it today but could not find where to start a new one.

Willis

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: Baffled

sounds like your default language is a different language other than english. i don't remember how ot change the setting.

answer to your side question, wap.pinstack.com from your BB

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can also clear out some words from your custom word list.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes ^^ someone had this issue last week and it took us forever to figure it out...

options/language is where you would change it...but idk if its going to be that easy...

PIN/ID
    23F01C04

Thank you guys -- Cherrichiodo not sure this will work yet --- guessing it will --- Under Language on Input Language it shows Turkce (in ascii :-) ) You rock Dear Lady :-)

Only thing I have done is add in new Thems -- I will be checking that often if it fixes it. Will update soon. Thx again every one!

Willis

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hey willis - just so you know, when i had my 7100g and installed the zen theme, my bb started freaking out...logs deleted and such. it just didn't like the zen theme...
    glad i could help...at least those few brain cells were left from last week

PIN/ID
    23F01C04

CONFIRMED FIXED :-) I am guessing your few brain cells would constitute quite a few people combined :-) Thx again!

Willis