So lets see here, time to vent a bit..today I got my license, was out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Decile no está en línea Stack level 1

Bad luck? Indeed.

Advertisement

So lets see here, time to vent a bit..today I got my license, was out driving around all day, was on the way to pick my girlfriend up, had my phone in the cup holder, decided to take it out and put my pop in there, turns out the battery cover on my phone slide off and I didn't notice it, so I set my 20oz of mt dew in the cup holder, it wouldn't go in, so I'm like WTF GO IN! and I heard "crack." ... so pretty much snaped the cover in two pieces, anything I can do about it? might goto T-Mobile in the morning before work..

silverxj no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Bad luck? Indeed.

you can order a new back cover direct from blackberry for 15 bux.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...ZA25MEMMV7TUYB

~John

Only thing about that is I'm worried about it sliding off again, since the cover slides off really easy and doesn't even latch all that much.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

U dont have to be worried, they're all like that, u just have to be careful next time. I heard some ppl here glue their covers so u might wonna do that (if u're not planning to remove your battery or memory card lol)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

just get a skin. That's what i did. Keeps everything in place and scratch free.

Lollie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245ff0d2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I bought a hard plastic cover case, it snaps on. Took a while 2 find it but I found them everywhere in the malls @ the little islands where they sell cheap non-brand items.

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

I'm thinking more and more a skin and put it in my pocket. I was kinda looking for a case like came with my 7105t with the magnetic strip to change the phone's mode. All I found at the mall that was pearl specific was a clip that looked rather unsafe if it got bumped..

Once the phone's been out for awhile the cases will come.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Blackberry sells a bunch of holsters which have magnets and sturdy belt attachments. I bought my holster from my TMO retailer or you can buy them from the bb store (link above for diff. item, but same place).

I've got a Seido super slim crystal case, I don't care for it all that much as it doesn't fit as good as it should.. but I superglued the battery cover back together, worked pretty good, I was thinking of glueing the cover to the back, but incase I ever need to do a hard reset or anything like that.. probably not a good idea, anyone know of anywhere else that sells good cases, non-leather ones that don't add alot of bulk?

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    Blackberry sells a bunch of holsters which have magnets and sturdy belt attachments. I bought my holster from my TMO retailer or you can buy them from the bb store (link above for diff. item, but same place).
    I was looking at those but I don't particularly care for the flap. I was fiddling with my tungsten today and http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/index.html offers one for the pearl with the little magnet thingy inside. Belt loop or clip. I have the belt loop on my Tungsten one and the Tungsten in the case is very pocketable. The drawback is the price but mine is about 7 years old or so and shows wear but still holds up.