Both of my Pearls in the last week have stopped making calls. It keeps saying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Bad Batch of Sim Cards do you have one?

Advertisement

Both of my Pearls in the last week have stopped making calls. It keeps saying call failed and then beeps at me. Text messages dont go or come through. But the internet works just fine. So after many hours with cingular no support Ha Ha , They told me to pull the sim and read them the numbers on it. Turns out Cingular just upgraded thier network and thousands of sims dont work right with the upgrade. So they say.

But went down to Cingy store and told them I needed new sims, he said why and it would cost me 25$ for each sim. Funny I told him, check you computer for support notes and just give me the new sims and I will be on my way for free. He said okay with out asking whats wrong with the phones or how he may help. Came back with the new sims and said have a nice day. He did give them to me for free, but wouldnt put them in or see if that was the problem. So as the norm when dealing with Cingular Support or company stores I just left and put the new sims in myself, as if its real hard to do anyways, lol. I thought to my self, well if this dosent work I will just drive down the street to the sprint store and get the new pearl two from them. Of course on the way to the Sprint Store I would drop my cingy pearls out the window of my car. But it seemed to work so I guess im stuck with Cingy tell the next problem comes up. Man how I hate when your phone screws up and all you get is crappy service from these Cell companys.
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Bad Batch of Sim Cards do you have one?

thats why you directly to me
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

I keep getting the call failed thing too... Has been happening for months however I'm with Rogers and that is a whole different story. I'll keep this in mind when I call them next time.

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Well pearls Back up and working.... Wasnt the Sims it was a network error that happened as an result of CES coming to town here in Vegas...Took 5 days for them to find that a cell tower was still being dedicated to CES and was never switched back.. Okay so they say...But got two months credit out of them. He He... Only took 9 calls and 6 half hours of calling support... I guess in the end it was worth 320 bucks.
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

ouch 6 and a half hour of support would cost me: 412$ in phone bills alone, so if that would have happend to me.. ;(

Glad you got it sorted out!