I am currently trying to backup my ATT Pearl. I have DM version 4.2. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Question Backup Fails

Advertisement

I am currently trying to backup my ATT Pearl. I have DM version 4.2. It is getting stuck when "Receiving Profiles". It then says, "The data was not recognized by the device." I have already tried a battery pull. I currently have Opera, Maufit, Jive Talk, Sudoku, and Google Maps installed. Any help??

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Re: Backup Fails

Anyone know why this would be happening? How I can fix?

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

I had the same problem with the 8320 and the DM that came out of the box.I went and downloaded the DM from the Blackberry site and overwrite the previous one.Then upgraded to the latest OS and it worked for some reason. Hope it works for you.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

If the restore/backup fails. Try advance restore and exclude profiles, you can manually set those afterwards.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

I just tried advance restore, I download everything up to the Profiles, and that works, I try everything after profile options and it tells me after a few minutes that my phone rejected the connection. This causes the backup to stop, and my phone to restart.

*Update* I have figured out that it is the RMS Database which is causing the problem, as well as the profiles. The RMS Database causes my DM to say "The communication link was aborted by the device."
    Last edited by Craig_C; 10-29-2007 at 10:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Just installed newest OS, seemed to work good. I did however have to reset my profiles. Not to big of a deal.