While attempting to backup my Blackberry Pearl 8100 (4.2.1.107 / 2.3.0.83) via Blackberry Desktop Manager ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paulzy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243341CE

Thumbs down Backup Error: Could not establish communications with the device....

Advertisement

While attempting to backup my Blackberry Pearl 8100 (4.2.1.107 / 2.3.0.83) via Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3.0.15 I got this message:

"Could not establish communications with the device. A required application is missing from the device."

I was having problems using the WAP Browser and getting e-mail on my Blackberry, but not the OperaMini browser. A while back a T-Mobile Blackberry tech said that doing a "battery pull" would refresh the device and the Service Books - after I did that the WAP browser worked and I started getting all my e-mail. Today I wanted to do a backup and got the above message.

What could have happened here? I have not called T-Moble because thier tech desk is closed.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    smile...anyway!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm not sure about it, but have you thought. In upgrading your device DM?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

paulzy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243341CE
    hmm? strange...I just did another hard reset by battery pull, and it asked to confirm current date/time. now everthing works.
    hmm?
    smile...anyway!