I'm new to the blackberry pearl and i am having a problem with the backlight. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rayman22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Backlight Problems

Advertisement

I'm new to the blackberry pearl and i am having a problem with the backlight. it seems that even in dark light i can't get the backlight to come on and when it does it will come on and off whenever it likes and many times the backlight will only come on in bright light and wont come on in the dark. i do not have the option for auto backlighting. is there anyway i can get the backlight on all the time or can i fix this problem?

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Backlight Problems

Go into Options, and Screen/Keybaord. There is an option to disable the autobacklight.

jonr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25043FAE

Quote Originally Posted by webdave
    Go into Options, and Screen/Keybaord. There is an option to disable the autobacklight.
    afraid not dave, on the pearl its autosensing depending on external brilliance

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Ah. I didn't see that it was a Pearl. I assumed he was talking about an 8800 since this is in the 8800 forum.

Sorry

rayman22 no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah...on my phone i dont have the option to turn off the automatic backlight

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If the pearl auto backlite works as well as my 8703 does then its a great feature, makes the screen easy to read when its bright and saves battery elsewise

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

on my pearl, i like it when the keys and trackball are lighted up. so when they turn off i just place my hand over the screen and vuola! they light up.

my friend told me that theres a light sensor embeded in the screen. look at the screen at an angle from the bottom up. u will see two little holes on the top right side of the screen. i think those are them.
    i hope this helped.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

The light sensor is next to the LED lights...

Thread moved to 8100.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

jbigler1519 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem with backlighting, no option to turn off automatic backlight or trackball lighting, does anyone know whats wrong with the pearl, are they just made that way?

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

i would like to be able to turn the key light off at my convenice.... but i cant.... and on the newer os's you can turn auto backlight off.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by jbigler1519
    I have the same problem with backlighting, no option to turn off automatic backlight or trackball lighting, does anyone know whats wrong with the pearl, are they just made that way?
    You will probably need to update your OS. The latest has the Option to turn that off if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by organic_matter
    i would like to be able to turn the key light off at my convenice.... but i cant.... and on the newer os's you can turn auto backlight off.
    You cannot turn the key backlights off. I don't know what you would do if you're keys didn't light up in the dark. hehe