I've scoured the earth but can't seem to find any software, settings, hacks to modify ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kpsmith no está en línea Stack level 1

Backlight and Side buttons

Advertisement

I've scoured the earth but can't seem to find any software, settings, hacks to modify the following:

Backlight brightness. I want to set the backlight to the lowest setting to save battery power but there are no options in the backlight options to dim it as dim as it gets in low light with the sensor on. I've tried BBlight, setting the brightness as low as it goes, and turning of the sensor but the l"owest" setting cannot be set. Even with the backlight set to "10" it just isnt as dim as the lowlight setting. Additionally, is there any wan to turn off the keyboard light.

2nd.. The 2 side buttons are user configurable but is there an software that gives more options. For example, I'd like to set the right one as a back/esc button as the older full QWERTY Berrys are setup. Either that or I'd like to set it to go right to a combined email view but right now the only settings are to go to indvidual email views.

Pearl 8130

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Backlight and Side buttons

Options: screen/keyboard for the backlight and side buttons.

kpsmith no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply

I know all those settings but none of them lets me do what I'm asking. I was hoping someone new of some 3rd party software or hidden settings or something.

For example I want the right side button to act as a Back/Esc button. Under the standard choices that is not an option. Similarly I'd like to assign one of the side buttons to go to the combined email view but again the standard options lets me assign any one of my setup emails but not a combined email inbox.

In regards to the backlight. You can turn off the sensor. You can even set the brightness from 100-10 in increments of 10 but if you notice the backlight brightness at night is dimmer than even the 10 setting. I want that dimmer setting.

I also wanted to completely turn off the keyboard backlight but I haven't found an option for that.

sorry if I was unclear before

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't know of a 3d-party pgm that offers more options for the side buttons than are available currently. Someone may come up with it in the future or BB may offer additional options in the future - if it happens, it'll be announced in here for sure.