i lost my pearl a while back and i know i did a backup on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

if i backed up my data before i did an OS upgrade can i get my numbers?

Advertisement

i lost my pearl a while back and i know i did a backup on my computer..is there anyway all my numbers from my phone would be on my computer somewhere?

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    As long as you did a standard backup, (didn't go into advanced options and specify what you do/don't want backed up) desktop manager will back up your numbers as well as your settings and your messages!

Just plug in your new phone, (make sure you have desktop manager as well as the phone's o.s. installed on your computer) and you can choose restore from backup or something similar to that.

As long as you can browse to the backup file, (desktop manager will probably do that for you if you saved it in the default folder) it'll load up! Best of luck!

acrtkweyeytrwry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206c06c7
    Absolutely, yes. Open the Backup and Restore in the desktop manager. Select ADVANCED, select your backup file that you created, and then look in the column on the left for "Address Book", that will be all your contact information. You can just copy that back to your blackberry if necessary.

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    If you want to fully restore your BB I would suggest just doing a full restore. Open desktop manager...go to Backup and Restore...then hit Restore.

It can take a bit....but nowhere near as much time as the OS upgrade.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    usually when you do an OS upgrade you have an option to back up load and then restore
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter