Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

yea...same issue here its not the back cover... the hinge/clip in the lock does not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Loconite no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Back Cover coming off..

Advertisement

yea...same issue here
    its not the back cover...
    the hinge/clip in the lock does not come up all the way....the plastic cover being smooth, it just slides over the lock

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

yeah i work at a cingular store and i've noticed the same problem on all the blackberry pearls ive been selling to customers. an easy ghetto fix we figured out..is we took like a business card and ripped it in half and folded it in half and then placed it on top of the battery. then put the backcover back on and we noticed it happened to stay on alot better. this is definitely a blackberry defective problem on almost all blackberry pearls that cingular has sold.

i think they might have fixed it though bc i noticed the new ones that are being shipped to my store are staying on a little tighter. so maybe they were aware of the issue and fixed it?

well anyways try the piece of think paper or business card: cut in half and then folded. that worked for most of my coworkers and i.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

ok guys and ladys i got it figured out if you slide the back off the pearl you will see on the inside of the pearls backplate , a square piece of black foam glued to the plate , which seperates the plate from the battery , it is exactly the width of the piece of black foam in the picture in one of the posts above , so if you just cut off the size and dimension from this square piece , and there is plenty of it , and slide it into the hole it holds up the spring really well , this way you dont have to worry about the little spring popping out , just a little pair of ladys tweezer and a sharp razor blade does the job , that will hold your cover on fine , i hope this helps

jizital no está en línea Stack level 1

My first pearl the battery door would not stay locked and would came off if i barely slid it.

i had problems with the trackball and exchanged it for a new phone and this new one seems alot better and feels like it will stay together alot better.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I got my pearl back in Dec, had the problem, brought it back, and my replacement phone wasn't any different. Pain in the butt problem, but it seems better with the shieldzone plastic crap i put on the phone.

And, I agree with the following statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    I have a feeling if we saw the Mexican assembly plant for the Pearl we would

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

A little off topic, but a lot of the VW Bugs; the last generation were made it Mexico. You rarely see them in the shop. Just my 2 cents.

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

I strongly recommend you to buy a seidio OEM size battery door....the battery door never come off again and the sound quality improved a lot!!

Jayrotto no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E923F8

i lost the little spring! Any way i can get a new one?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I doubt they sell em seperatly online. So probably not lol

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree! Nice shots sanfrancisco.....

monkeylug no está en línea Stack level 1
    So there is definitely a problem with release button itself, as many of you have mentioned, but the case with my phone was different.

My phone lost one of the little slide-in tabs on the back cover itself, thus making the back-cover a lot less effective at staying in since it only had three of four tabs. The solution: I bought a new cover from The OEM shop online for $4. Available here:

http://www.theoemshop.com/product/BB...&utm_campaign=

This was driving me absolutely crazy, but I'm happy its fixed.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    In one of the earlier post it was mentioned that maybe the Pearl II would have a better battery door on it, NO SUCK LUCK. my 8120 door is just as bad as the pearl 8100. i was going to trade i in the phone when it started to irritate me as i have it with me all the dang time but i got used to it and figure i'm just going to get a skin for it.

But ya, this model is just as bad as the first one
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234