I saw there was a way to put your status as "busy" with a message ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

"Away" Text message?

Advertisement

I saw there was a way to put your status as "busy" with a message for Pin stuff. Is there a way to do the same thing for SMS messages? Sometimes people get really pissy if I dont respond in time but its because im in a meeting or just plain busy.

What do you do?

Alex

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    with BB Messenger, while in the application, click menu>my status>unavailable.

if you are in a meeting, do the same as above, but instead of my status, choose edit my info and type "in a meeting, brb" after your name...just a thought.

mtxguy83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Good suggestion gonna try that next time

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know about that with BB messenger, thats what made me want to know if this can be done for SMS texts too.

Alex

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    As far as I know it isn't possible. RIM recently patened the technology for it so that means that it probably will be availible in the future.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You Can turn off SMS altogether! Look in> Options>Security Options>Firewall.....Then you can turn SMS off or the other options. Then Tell your friends you never got their messages.....It will be the truth!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how do you make your status as "busy"? I have 2 choices. Available, or unavailable. Is it some code you type in the my info space? I obviously can't see what my status is showing up to others.

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    same thing i see =/

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you can't really mark yourself officially as 'busy' you are right. but, with that being said, you can change your 'contact info' where you put your name, you can type whatever you want beside it. then people will see that you typed "cherri - in a meeting/brb" in their contact list. does that make sense?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Does anyone know about that SMS firewall?

If it's turned on, does it reject the SMS, or just not show it?

I mean, if my BlackBerry is turned off (hypothetical) and someone sends an SMS, me carrier will attempt delivery for up to 72 hours before expiring the SMS and tossing it server-side.

So, when SMS firewall is on, does the SMS stay on the server-side and get delivered when the firewall is turned off?

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Does anyone know about that SMS firewall?

If it's turned on, does it reject the SMS, or just not show it?

I mean, if my BlackBerry is turned off (hypothetical) and someone sends an SMS, me carrier will attempt delivery for up to 72 hours before expiring the SMS and tossing it server-side.

So, when SMS firewall is on, does the SMS stay on the server-side and get delivered when the firewall is turned off?
    I once tried it & blocked the sms. When I reset the feature I didn't get the SMS sent to me again. Hope that answers your question.