I have been using BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81 for a week now and here ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Available Free Memory in BB pearl

Advertisement

I have been using BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81 for a week now and here is what i have noticed with respect to Memory available in the phone.
    After Restart/Soft Reset I have around 38MB free Memory
    After One day of use I have around 34MB Free memory
    After Two Days of Use I have around 33MB free Memory.

I have installed the software without any sample Video, Music, Pictures.
    I have removed Voice activated dialing.
    I have installed only English Language (US)
    I have 3 Themes installed including the Zen theme
    I have 5 Softwares installed - Soft Reset, XPlayer, Maxmem, Auto Lock, Mentral
    I have Brick breaker game Installed.
    I have all the others like my ringtones, custom Pictures, songs on my Memory card.
    I Reset once in 2 days or sometimes daily to keep my phone free of any memory drainage.

I would request others also to share their experience in this thread. This would help bring confidence in others who would want to install BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81. It is such a stable OS and much faster than OS 4.2
    Thanks all for your support.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I noticed a smiliar minor loss of memory after a few hours. After a battery pull, mine was about 20 MB, then it would slowly drop down around 16 MB and bounce around between 16 and 18MB until the next battery pull. It had no noticeable effect on performance in any applications.

rory2g no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    how do u go about checking the memory of the phone?? and what app is taking up how much memory?

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Press Alt EACE and you will get the available Free Memory. But you will not be able to get the split up on how much memory each of the applications installed is consuming. If there is anyone here who knows it then please keep me posted.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    When u go into settings>status it also tells u the same info as when you use alt EACE. While in status, the options key brings up database sizes. It won't really tell u what app is using what mem amt but you will get an idea of what's stored and how much mem is being used. HTH!

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~