Is there any way to have your profile change on a regular basis automatically on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Devedander no está en línea Stack level 1

Automatically change profiles?

Advertisement

Is there any way to have your profile change on a regular basis automatically on a Pearl?

I ask because I would like to use the alarm function on my BB as an alarm clock every day, but it doesn't work well when every email I recieve overnight sets my BB off doing something loud.

I have to have email setup loud so I don't miss it during the day.

I could manually switch profiles every night but it seems like there should be an easier way... is there some app or setting that lets me say "weekdays between 8AM and 10PM use default profile other times use queit"?

Manually switching profiles will inevitably end up with me forgetting and getting woke up at 3AM or missing emails not to mention just seems silly to have to do with such an advanced device...

Thanks!

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Re: Automatically change profiles?

No way I know of to do what you want.

You could set the BB to automatically shut off at bed time and auto-turn on in the morning. You won't miss any messages that way and you won't get woken uo.

Well I guess that does get pretty close... it still leaves me unable to recieve calls or high importance pages though (I don't want every email waking me up but I do sometimes need to be available for emergency situations).

I would think someone would code something to do this... seems like with different profiles it would be great to have it automatically switch for work/home/special things...

Thanks for the reply!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Devedander and Welcome to the Stacks. For nighttime, I would recommend Changing your Nighttime profile by setting every notification to None. And then scroll to the bottom of the profiles section where it says "Use Active Profile Except for" and Click and select New Exception. Then you can add the people that you want to receive calls from at any time regardless of the profile. Make sure you check the box next to the exceptions that you added.

I believe this should work for you. Please let me know.

Thanks for that idea! However for my particular situation it's not so much filtering out who calls me at night (anyone who calls me at night is pretty much important enough to warrant me answering) but rather not having to change profiles manually every evening and every morning...

If I understand correctly your solution is offering me a way to fine tune a nightime profile, however the solution I am really looking for is to have it switch between two profiles automatically at times of day.

So technically I would like Normal profile and Night profile:

Normal being normal and loud

Night being only phone calls and high priority messages/pages loud, everything else silent.

Have the Pearl switch automatically at an appropriate time...

Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I didn't read through this completely, but if you turn the profiles to "Silent/ZZZ" during the night, your alarm clock will still be audible when it goes off and the rest of the alerts are set as silent.

As far as the profiles switching automatically, I don't think this is possible, however, it would be great if you could.

I also would like to see where when you go to profiles, you can change other aspects of the device, such as font size. That way you could have one set for "car", so when you are driving and checking emails or texting or whatnot (please no negative or you shouldn't do that comments because a lot of us do and a lot of us won't change our ways because people post here not to), anyways, you could change the font sizes and whatnot so that it's easier to read if you have it in a windshield holster.

I personally like having my font set as small as possible most of the time, so that people can't look over my shoulder and read the screen, but when I am in the car, I would like for the click of a trackwheel to have the font automatically change to large so I can keep it in the windshield holster and still be readable.

Yes that would be great! I am comming from a 7290 so the small screensize is hard enough for me to adjust to, let alone in the car...

I wish I was more programmer savy so I could code something up for this but hopefully someone with the know how will consider doing it... if they can code shortcut buttons to email and to a custom notepad sort of thing this should be pretty easy...

As for the silent mode thing, that and the auto on off will be my best bet at the moment I guess... the problem with the silent button is again, I have to remember to do it and as silly as it may seem, I am exactly the kind of person to not remember on a fairly regular occasion