every time I plug the pearl into the USB cable and start up the BB ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kdstegh no está en línea Stack level 2

Automatic Synching

Advertisement

every time I plug the pearl into the USB cable and start up the BB DM, it starts to auto-synch. I can't find a setting that allows me to turn it off. Does anyone know if it's possible?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Automatic Synching

Kd, there is a way to turn the autosynch off. I'm not at my computer with the DM now, but it should be under one of the setting options.

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you have to hook it up, let it sync, then click on the sync button. Then go to configuration and UNCHECK the box that says something like "automatically synchronize when connected".

That should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotgeg
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you have to hook it up, let it sync, then click on the sync button. Then go to configuration and UNCHECK the box that says something like "automatically synchronize when connected".

That should do it.
    Thank you so much! One problem...I can't find a "configuration" option. Just Connections Settings (which has nothing in it but the port of the connection) and Data Folder Settings.

I have the Synch option highlighted, but it doesn't seem to make a diff. Any other ideas?

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

kd you need to un-highlight the "automatic sync." that appears at the bottom of the DM. then close DM and restart PC. sometime restarting your computer solves lots of problems just like a battery pull from BB. By the way "configuration" option is a tab on the top of the window, right near the "Synchronize" one. but you don't really need it for your prob. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shira
    kd you need to un-highlight the "automatic sync." that appears at the bottom of the DM. then close DM and restart PC. sometime restarting your computer solves lots of problems just like a battery pull from BB. By the way "configuration" option is a tab on the top of the window, right near the "Synchronize" one. but you don't really need it for your prob. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tip Shira, but I don't have an Auto-Synch option anywere on the dM. Not on hte bottom, top or in the menus.

There is the 5 icons for Application Manager, BAckup and Resore, MEdia MAnager, Switch Devices, and Synchronize. Below those icons there is the PIN indetifier to the left, and "connected" in the middle. That's it (outside of the File / View / Options / Help menues). I have been through the menus numerous times and cannot find any place that indicates an auto-synch option.

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

when you double click on the "synchronization" icon (on the far right), you don't see a box at the bottom that you can check and unchecked for automatic synchronization?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

As shira said, it is in the Syncronization window when you open it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by shira
    when you double click on the "synchronization" icon (on the far right), you don't see a box at the bottom that you can check and unchecked for automatic synchronization?
    That was it!!! Thank you! I never double clicked the synch button, because it always started up on it;s own. Thanks again Shira (and all!)

manzsaad no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't get my BB to connect with my Desktop Manager, can someone plz help
    thanks in advance

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by manzsaad
    I can't get my BB to connect with my Desktop Manager, can someone plz help
    thanks in advance
    I understand you found the solution to this problem. Is that true?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles