Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I'm new to the BlackBerry world (convert from Windows Mobile), and so far ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

turanuk no está en línea Stack level 1

Automatic Profile Switcher

Advertisement

Hi guys, I'm new to the BlackBerry world (convert from Windows Mobile), and so far I love the BlackBerry. However, I haven't been able to find an equivalent to the automatic profile switcher in Windows Mobile (takes you from normal to silent profile when you have a calendar appointment, and switches you out back to normal after the appointment is over). Is there an equivalent on the BlackBerry that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Automatic Profile Switcher

Welcome to PinStack, turanuk.

This option does not exist in the included apps from RIM. I don't know if a 3rd party app to accomplish this exists or not.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BlackBerry.

Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome aboard!

I used this function quite a lot on my nokias days, I have searched everywhere for an application like this with 3rd parties and no luck at all.

Cheers

Okay well it's good to see that others have had this issue as well: I wonder why BB doesn't include it. Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I think I'm going to take a look at the BlackBerry Dev stuff and see how easy it is to write some kind of polling program for this.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You could use the holster mode and a BB holster or modified pouch (my service tech did that for his) to change it everytime you put it in the holster/pouch. It isn't exactly what you are looking for but will do the same thing for you.

Zo.

Thanks for the suggestion Amigotek, but ideally it would stay in the case all the time, and the profile switching would be independent of that. It just seems to me like this is a simple feature that BB hasn't decided to put in.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

I loved this on my older Nokias but the Symbian Nokias seem to be missing this feature lately. I always had to use third party apps.
    I've missed it dearly, but also haven't had many meetings in the last couple of weeks. I just know that this next week in church service my phone going to go off or something.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

on mine if you hold down # for like 10 sec. it switches to vibrate...i donno if that what your lookin for

KFP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

He's looking for a way to have profiles switch on a schedule. Either by a daily, weekly, etc. schedules, or just one that recognizes when he has an appointment and changes the profile and then back after the appointment.

The idea is so that you never have your phone ring whn in a meeting and you never forget to take it off vibrate.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

ah.....gotcha
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

yeah exactly, it's especially critical because the pearl has a bit of a weak vibration compared to my old phone, I hate missing calls because of forgetting to take it off vibrate.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hello not sure if you are still on this forum or if you are stil looking for a program that wil do this for you but check this thread out:

http://www.wheatoncs.com/blackberry/bbprofiles/
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    :d

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    there are developers on here all the time. Never know a post may lead to a good program idea!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    there was a good one just posted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast