Ok, I've had my Pearl for a few days. Updated the FW on day one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bothfly no está en línea Stack level 1

Auto Time Update on T-Mobile.

Advertisement

Ok, I've had my Pearl for a few days. Updated the FW on day one to the latest from T-Mobile's web site.
    I live in Central time. Got that setup in Date/Time.
    I get on a plane, turn off the phone, get off the plane in Florida (Eastern Time), turn on the phone, it still shows Central time on the home screen. I go into Date/Time, and right under Date/Time Source is Network Time. It shows the current East Coast time there. For example my Home screen shows 9pm, but the Network time shows 10pm. I cannot figure out how to get the Pearl to auto update going thru times zones. I spent almost an hour on the phone with T-Moblie BB Tech Support. No luck. The only way I can change it is to manually change my defualt time zone from Central to where ever I am.
    Does the Pearl Auto Update the time for anyone or is it only done manually?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Auto Time Update on T-Mobile.

When u go into options/date and time, do u have it set to Blackberry or Network for the Time Source? Try setting it to network as the source instead of BlackBerry.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

I believe setting Time Synchronization to BlackBerry will automatically reset the time zone.
    JerryD

bothfly no está en línea Stack level 1

I've tried setting it to Network and BB and did does not change.
    Under the Date/Time Source is a line that IS showing the correct local time, but I or Tech Support cannot figure out how to get in to change the Home Screen.