I like to use the auto refresh option on espn to "watch" the scores, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Larry_in_phx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

auto refresh question

Advertisement

I like to use the auto refresh option on espn to "watch" the scores, but recently, a warning pops up saying the page is trying to refresh, do you want to allow this. I select yes, but the next time it tries to auto refresh, it asks me all over again.

There must be a setting that will allow this with out asking me every time.

Can anyone advise?

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: auto refresh question

I asked the same question awhile ago and never got a response.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_warning.html

Was it the NFL scores page? The MLB scores seem to work okay for me but I do always get a message on the NFL page. It seems that it may just be something with that particular page?

PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's interesting. I haven't tried NFL. I am having the problem with espn MLB.

It worked fine in the past but in the last week or so its changed and I can't seem to find a way around it.

Frustrated.

The main page of MLB scores work fine for me as I type this. However, I can't even get one of the individual games to work right now.

I don't know what the problem is.

What other sites do this? I'm about to give up on ESPN.

PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

I called tmobile support. The said to clear the cashe, history, and cookies. Then a hard restart.

She went on to say that if that doesn't take care of the problem, then that tells her that that something has changed with the web site itself. Meaning espn has changed something.
    ... And apparently that is the case. But MLB.com doesn't work for me either (but I'm not sure if it ever did).

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i think that might be a default. i was on my way up to orlando to a regional meeting on sunday and i had it set up like that for the dallas game. and it kept asking me. on all my co-workers blackberry pearls, and8700 devices.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try this to see if it works, Go to the Browser Options/Browser configuration and check your Support Java Script Settings. It's probably unchecked and Prompt to Enable Java Script is Checked. Try with Support Java Script Checked.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Try this to see if it works, Go to the Browser Options/Browser configuration and check your Support Java Script Settings. It's probably unchecked and Prompt to Enable Java Script is Checked. Try with Support Java Script Checked.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't seem to be the problem with me at least. Suppor JavaScript was already checked. I think SportsLine auto-refreshes scores, so I'm going to try them. This popup thing is ultimately annoying.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Well think about it. I mean anytime something is trying to access the blackberry they give you a pop up menu saying get are you sure you want this to happen. That's what makes the blackberry such a durable device. That's what makes it so secure. You can't just hack into a blackberry and that's been a feature since the beginning of time. Before the pearl launched blackberry users were about 90% business and 10% consumer. With the type of people using blackberry services they had to be sure it was secure. That's one reason that there were no cameras and Bluetooth was only allowed to connect to a headset and nothing else so that secret information couldn't go anywhere. So this is just a security feature made by blackberry. I don't think of it as a bad thing at all. I think its good. You can always hit the refresh now. When you're ready to see and update. That way you won't have to wait for a prompt. Sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

jonnyxedge, I agree that the BB's security is its greatest asset, but up until just a week ago this pop up issue popped up. I don't think has anything to do with the recent upgrade, as it worked after that.

I wonder if this has anything to do with a security problem?

PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

FYI: I just went to SportsLine.com and it DID auto refresh. I don't like the site as well as espn but I guess I'll switch.

Perhaps this indicates that nothing has changed with our phones and the problem is with espn.

Thanks for mentioning SportsLine!

Yeah. I used SportsLine for a game last night. Seemed to work just fine. I agree that it is not as nice as ESPN, but it will do. Let's Go Mets!

PIN/ID
    23FE6C41
    Quote Originally Posted by nmadd
    Yeah. I used SportsLine for a game last night. Seemed to work just fine. I agree that it is not as nice as ESPN, but it will do. Let's Go Mets!
    Let's not high jack this thread, but you mentioned the Muts. Which direction do you mean?

Retoricle.