When I activate this feature my BB goes off but when its time to come ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2

Auto On/Off problem

Advertisement

When I activate this feature my BB goes off but when its time to come back on I get a solid Green LED and the screen is off. When I push my return key my Verizon boot screen shows up and then the BB boots up. Is this how its supposed to work.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Auto On/Off problem

Hi Dsump, if the device is plugged in and off, and also fully charged you will get the solid greeen light. Double check the time you have it set to come on. THe device should power up at that time and alert you to any new messages you have. Mine will go back to the blackscreen and be locked, or what ever state it was in at the time it shuts off. But it sounds like you might be picking it up just before it comes on. Mine is set to 4:45 am, the only day it is differant is I have a reminder at 4:30 am on Teusday, that day it will come on at 4:30 to set offhte reminder.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 03-04-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Thanks with the green light. I have it set to turn off at 4am and back on 10 min later. This is only to have a clear memory in the am. I'm going to have to play with this. Before it goes off the BB is locked and the screen goes off on its own. Don't know why I get the boot Verizon boot screen instead of the home screen in a locked status. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Hmmm.....what 3rd party apps do you have on your phone - one of them may be the guilty culprit in this issue.

If all else fails, you may want to reinstall the OS.

I had the times switched (backwards) I was setting the on time as the off time and the off time as the on time, which caused me to wake up in the morning with a Off BB. I told you I would be truthful, sorry for the impatience while using my BB prior to making the new thread. I can't believe that I overlooked this.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by dsump View Post
    I had the times switched (backwards) I was setting the on time as the off time and the off time as the on time, which caused me to wake up in the morning with a Off BB. I told you I would be truthful, sorry for the impatience while using my BB prior to making the new thread. I can't believe that I overlooked this.
    No worries . It can be confusing as the On and Off times do seem to be out of place. I almost did the same thing on a few occasions .

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No problem. That's what we are here for.