What does this do? Advantages/disadvanages? Does it actually power the device off or put it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Auto on/off feature?

Advertisement

What does this do? Advantages/disadvanages? Does it actually power the device off or put it in a sleep type mode?

Subicon no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The battery doesn't last very long, so this feature allows it to power down when you aren't using it. It will turn back on at the specified time so you can grab it and go without manually turning it on.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use the auto on/off to turn my Pearl off around bedtime and on a little before I usually get up.

It does a few things, saves battery life, soft resets it and also keeps it from beeping/ringing/playing ringtones when I am trying to sleep.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Is it a hard power off reset or a soft reset? Do you set it to auto on/off everyday? I heard it's bad for the phone and battery to turn it on and off frequently. I get a solid 2 to 2 1/2 days of battery life, but if I can get more using the auto on/off feature, I may try it.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine turns off every night at 10 or 11 I forgot which and on before I get up. I have it turn on a little before I get up so it can reconnect Gmail and my IM programs and also download the txt and emails it couldnt when it was off.

Then when I get up its all ready.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    I charge the phone over night so it doesn't matter, but if I'm not charging it, I use the auto on/off during bedtime to save power (about 1 a.m. to 7 a.m., a bit before I wake up so I get all the emails for the morning review). There's really no reason to keep the phone on all night (unless you use the alarm clock).