Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1) Hey all, is there a way to change the setting so that I can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwearnest no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Auto Lock and Changing of Unlock keys????

Advertisement

1) Hey all, is there a way to change the setting so that I can make the 8100 pearl phone automatically lock after the screen shuts off from non usage?

2) Secondly, is there also a way that you can change the way you unlock the phone, instead of have to hit the "star" and "send" key? For instance, can you change the unlock mode to just having to hit the "qw!" key instead?

3) And finally, is there a way to make the phone stay on longer before it goes into blank screen mode?

Thanks guys,

Dave

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

#1 - Yes! Go to: Options --> Security Options --> General Settings. There you will find various settings to lock your BlackBerry after a period of inactivity which you specify.

#2 - Maybe. If you make your password "q", then perhaps that would unlock with a single key press. But changing the standard default * + call is not possible.

#3 - Yes! Go to: Options --> Screen/Keyboard --> Backlight Timeout. This can be set at various lengths to a maximum of 2 minutes.

Damn, #2 was the one i really wanted to change, but thanks a lot for your help Lewis, worked great!

Hey Lewis, I tried #1, to make it lock when the phone goes blank automatically, but it is not working, I said "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" but that does not seem to make it look when it goes blank. Once I am in Gerneral Settings, can u lead me from there so that I can make it automatically lock, thanks.

anyone else have an idea? thanks

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've tried #1, there doesn't seem to be an option to auto lock BB for a period of inactivity..I'm also just getting "lock upon holstering" is it a different OS? I'm using default Tmobile OS.

ajnav87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240DA394
    lock upon holstering i think depends on the holster, the phone knows when its in a holster because one's designed for the phone have a small magnet which lets the phone know that its in. There for if there is no magnet it, it doesnt know

anyone else have an idea on how to make the pearl lock when it goes inactive?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You should be able to go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and Enable Password and set a very simple short pasword. Then the BB will lock after what ever time is set in the Security Timeout. At leasts that's the way all the other BBs work.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Pre #1 - I only get thread update emails once a day (I can't handle the constant disruptions from work! ).

Sorry, I should have explained, you want to enable the password, then set the timeout. This timeout number in minutes is the time of inactivity.

If you leave password disabled, then it will only lock the keypad upon holstering (provided you have a real BlackBerry designed holster with the magnet).

Keyboard lock and security lock aren't quite the same thing, but the end result is somewhat similar.

Hope this further info helps.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    everything you need to change is under the security options

awallafashagba no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Auto Lock and Changing of Unlock keys????

is not just holding down * good enough ? .......

Seems to be the easiest option to me

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e

has anyone tried the autolock

www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

I know it locks the keyboard but I didn't know if it could be used for the security lock also?

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use the auto lock and I love it!! Now I don't have to make sure to lock my pearl before tossing it in my black hole of a purse!! No more random phone calls for me!! I can't answer your question fst... I don't use a security code on mine as it never leaves my side!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by fstbusa
    has anyone tried the autolock

www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

I know it locks the keyboard but I didn't know if it could be used for the security lock also?
    No it does not do security lock. You already have that option with enabling a password.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast