It's been quite a few times that my Blackberry automatically erases my messages and call ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Classick no está en línea Stack level 2

Auto erasing Messages/Call Logs

Advertisement

It's been quite a few times that my Blackberry automatically erases my messages and call logs without asking me anything. How can I fix this, I just lost a very important text message. I'm currently on the 4.2.0.67 OS.

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

Re: Auto erasing Messages/Call Logs

there is an option for how long to save messages in your inbox and all that under messages, general options, keep messages

i chose keep forever

It's set to forever. I set it to that when I first got it.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by ErikRL
    there is an option for how long to save messages in your inbox and all that under messages, general options, keep messages

i chose keep forever
    I assume choosing keep forever will eat some memory up?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Classick
    It's been quite a few times that my Blackberry automatically erases my messages and call logs without asking me anything. How can I fix this, I just lost a very important text message. I'm currently on the 4.2.0.67 OS.
    This is a memory problem. What you should get in the habit of doing either daily or everyother day is while the phone is on, remove the battery. Leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace the battery. What this does is clears up the memory so you have more.

Is there anything I can do to prevent me from having to do that?

pearldawg no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and the messages and call logs have dissappeared twice. Mine is also set to "forever" and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not really classic, it definitely is a known issue

flylow no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my call logs disappear everyday. I just got a missed call in class and when I went outside to check everything was gone. Any other way to fix this? Besides taking my battery out every day? Wish I would have read about this before I bought it, my 6 year old nokia doesn't even do that!

flylow no está en línea Stack level 1

seems like people are reloading their os for this problem. is this the ultimate fix? are people with the newer updated versions from cingular having this problem also!?

how much memory do our phones have anyway?

bacardiman7 no está en línea Stack level 1

I think it could be the type of micro sd media card, meaning company like kingston (which i have). this is what i heard from someone at cingular. I just got my 2nd replacement phone today because of the prob. let me know what company u use for ur micro sd card.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

The new OS do not fix the memory leak issue, so far it's pretty much just up to you to do a sort of daily maintenance on your pearl. The micro sd card has nothing to do with it unfortunately, as applications and actions eat up the phone memory not the sd slot memory. I really wish an os will fix this, or a program to clean things out periodically would be awesome.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Stacey is right again. This is a know issue. This happened to me 3 times in a weeks period and I called my provider and they simply swapped out the phone. When it started happening with the replacement I knew it was an OS problem. Look at your free memory - you only have 64mb and when the pearl gets down to 1mb it seems to "ZAP" all your messages and mail. Doing a hard reset will free up what you have.

I upgraded to 4.2.0.71 and it's the same story although it "seems" better. I removed all the language support that I will NEVER use and the stupid video they put on by default - this freed up another 10mb -

Also - make sure you close the applications - not just escape out. A quick check of ALT - ESC every once in a while will let you know what is running.