I had one very small mp3 play for a second and then it was mute. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zimbu1234 no está en línea Stack level 2

Audio not working after new Cing/ATT OS upgrade

Advertisement

I had one very small mp3 play for a second and then it was mute. Nothing from other mp3s or movies.

I tried doing the upgrade on my TMobile Pearl last Friday and it crashed my device. I went back to the original TMobile .64 version and all was fine. Of course I have to have the latest and greatest so yesterday I tried this one again. All looked great until my alarm didn't go off this morning because of this issue. Subsequently I was late for work.

Anyone ever see this with this release or any previous releases? I have had the Cingular 71 release, the TIM, and Rogers releases and never experienced this. Any suggestions?

tnhl1989 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Audio not working after new Cing/ATT OS upgrade

well i did a upgrade on my phone its a cingular red blackberry pearl. it works fine. is the bit rate of ur mp3's 32kbs? cause thats what they have to be to play it. its a stero setting for the mp3 so each song would be about 1mb large. or you can have it as a mono tone but who wants that.

nah that cant be it, i had no issues on the previous OSs....as per my post....

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Your mp3's can be higher bitrates than 32kbps. I'm not sure if it does have a restriction actually. Everything on my pearl is at 128 or higher. I won't accept anything less.

@zimbu - You may want to try downgrading, if it works again, then try upgrading again. If you just can't hear anything anymore, did your speakers get damaged somehow?
    Last edited by Kortanis; 06-20-2007 at 03:35 PM.

tnhl1989 no está en línea Stack level 2

well i have my mp3's at 32 kbps atm only because i havn't got my 2gb microsd card yet.

I think my external speaker is broken. I downgraded to TMobile 64 and its the same. Also my headphones work OK. Then I checked voicemail and turned on speakerphone and got nothing. My Tmobile rep is sending me a new one.
    Last edited by zimbu1234; 06-20-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Glad you were able to track it down. Let us all know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Cheers!