Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have the 8800 and all works except when I try to play it buffers ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pbloom no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E20c67

Re: audible.com audiobooks on Pearl

Advertisement

I have the 8800 and all works except when I try to play it buffers and then stops. I keep repeating and occasionally maybe one in twenty it will start playing the novel. ANy ideas. I have tried opening to the bookmark and that doesn't work either.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    Doc - followed your instructions, verified the Audible file is on the Micro SD, went into media and the file isn't even visible.
    I had the same experience. The 8100 Media Manager does not recognize files with a .aa extension,

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I do not use the media manager to load the files...I attach the BB8100 to my laptop and open the microSD card as an external drive, then transfer the audible files to
    card/music/audible/
    Then, I use the audible player application that is already installed in the Pearl to play the book file.
    8900-user
    DocGo

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

Here's a link to step by step instructions on how to transfer your audible files from your computer to the 8100.

http://audible.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...708197&p_olh=0

Anyone have any problems using the Audbile New York Times Digest on the Pearl? It downloads fine, but "skips" while playing. I've been dowloading OTA using audible air but I'm thinking I may need to do it more effectively from my home computer.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

okay. I've been using the Audible app for 2 months now on my Pearl. firstly, yes, the NYT files do skip and buffer alot. I finally quit putting them on. Secondly, if you go to the audible.com website, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and highlight and click the software hyperlink.
    This will take you to the page where you can load the beta software for the Pearl. that said, now here are some bugs that are known.
    when logging in to your audible account from your Blackberry, be sure that your password and or user name is not capitalized, if indeed it shouldn't be. I spent untold hours on the phone with audible's csr trying to figure out why i couldn't log in, and finally solved it on my own. they claim to have a beta customer service email, but you will never get an answer.
    books that you load can be saved either to your media card or device memory. you have to set this yourself in the settings. also beware- you have to download the smallest files you can. I would not try to load anything over 1 hour in length at a time. It will just end up sounding like crap, or throwing an error. Personally, I think that while this is a good idea, it just doesn't work too well. I put all my audible books on my iPod instead. And most importantly- you must have an account with audible for any of the software to work. so if someone sends you an audible book on cd, it won't work with the software unless you have an account. You'll have to transcode them to mp3 files instead.
    for those of you interested in free books for either your Pearl or iPod, check out Podiobooks.com
    I now have 6 fullsize audio books, all free. there is quite a good variety in genres there, and these aren't just public domain books. these are current novels by some very good undiscovered as of yet writers.
    enjoy

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    the NYT files do skip and buffer alot. I finally quit putting them on.
    Have you had any luck downloading them as podcasts and importing them to the media card that way? I found the quality was better but still I missed a chunk - like the first 20 seconds of the recording.

I guess it makes sense, but I was annoyed that the OTA download was set to 5 minutes of the book. Then it took another huge amount of time to download more. Ended up abandoning that concept and downloaded to the audbile manager on my computer and then manually put them on the media card.

I hope they work out some of the bugs in the beta version, but it's much better than the original release.

I'm just happy to not have to lug around another MP3 player in order to listen to the audio books.

kcberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded the Free MP3-WMA converter to use with my pearl but I'm getting the DRM message. Can I get around that?

gstull no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8EF14

Is there a generic reader for the Pearl that could replace Mobi and Audio and would just read books transferred through Media Manager. I have some older Palm ebooks in some format that only a palm reader will open and I would really like to get them on my Pearl but havent found a reader other than the two mentioned here?

UnmfO no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2012XX12

I use MelodyCan converter. It solves such problem quickly. Conversion speed for .aa files is 3x. And quality is definitly good.

kcberry no está en línea Stack level 1

HOw do you strip(?) the DRM protected? OR do whatever you need to do to convert it?

PIN/ID
    2012XX12

MelodyCan converts protected files - legally. Conversion quality ans speed are very good. You can try free trial version.

PIN/ID
    2012XX12
    Melodycan uses the unique technology, which gives you the ability to convert any kind of protected media to regular audio and video formats, that can be played on dozens of compatible devices.

For example MelodyCan converts protected music and video files from iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster to Go, Yahoo Music, Audible, Sony CONNECT etc.

zepclarence no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tunebite works as well for converting protected files.It basically desn't strip the drm or mess with the protected files, it just records the original files and saves the recordings in unprotected formats.

vernye_vitto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can I also convert some non drm'ed files with these softs you're talkin about?

zepclarence no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, you can also convert files that are not protected and the good thing is that it works with both audio and video files.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast