Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a lot of audiobooks bought and downloaded from audible.com. They come in in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

audible.com audiobooks on Pearl

Advertisement

I have a lot of audiobooks bought and downloaded from audible.com. They come in in Itunes special coding (AAC). I would like to transfer them to the Pearl as MP3s but I get a message saying I can't convert protected files to another format. This is an audible.com restriction. Does anyone think that burning a disk through Itunes (in MP3) then getting the files off the disk into Pearl would work? How would I go about doing this?
    do I need special ripping software or could Itunes itself be used to load the files back in then transfer to the Pearl using the hard disk mode of Media? I've moved Itunes songs to the Pearl that way.

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: audible.com audiobooks on Pearl

The same that works for an itunes song should work for the audio book. You have to get the file into MP3 and strip the DRM junk. Once you have the file as mpr you should be fine~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Try using this freeware software. http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma...ml?tag=lst-0-8

It works real good

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by nrcapes
    I have a lot of audiobooks bought and downloaded from audible.com. They come in in Itunes special coding (AAC). I would like to transfer them to the Pearl as MP3s but I get a message saying I can't convert protected files to another format. This is an audible.com restriction. Does anyone think that burning a disk through Itunes (in MP3) then getting the files off the disk into Pearl would work? How would I go about doing this?
    do I need special ripping software or could Itunes itself be used to load the files back in then transfer to the Pearl using the hard disk mode of Media? I've moved Itunes songs to the Pearl that way.

If you burn a disk from iTunes and then use iTunes to upload that same disk you will create a duplicate file for each one you put on that disk. So now you'll have the following:

track 1
    track 2
    track 3

track 1 (protected)
    track 2 (protected)
    track 3 (protected)

The unprotected tracks you can now send to your Pearl.

Hope this helps
    scboatman

beeballman no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried that, but the music was still in MPEG4 format which I think won't play on the Pearl. Is that correct?

PattyB1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

There is new software at audible.com for the pearl. It's a beta version, but it works great so far on my 8100. Good luck.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by PattyB1969
    There is new software at audible.com for the pearl. It's a beta version, but it works great so far on my 8100. Good luck.
    Do you have a link? I can't find it on audible.com

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by PattyB1969
    Does it save the book/audio content to the memory card or main memory?
    8900-user
    DocGo

PIN/ID
    ask

I found the audible link. It only does over the air and does not play from stored media. That's unfortunate because I think this is a great addition to blackberry.

PIN/ID
    PM me

I was able to play audible files in my media card. I have lots of audible book that I have downloaded in my PC. Create a folder in your Pearl's media card
    card/music/audible/
    then transfer your Audible book file from your Pc to the media card while your phone is connected to your PC (do it as if your media card is an external drive (Mass Storage Mode Support...ON)
    8900-user
    DocGo

kimbnewman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    I was able to play audible files in my media card. I have lots of audible book that I have downloaded in my PC. Create a folder in your Pearl's media card
    card/music/audible/
    then transfer your Audible book file from your Pc to the media card while your phone is connected to your PC (do it as if your media card is an external drive (Mass Storage Mode Support...ON)
    That worked for me also.

PIN/ID
    ask

Alright Doc, I'm gonna give it a try. I have already transferred an audible file to my blackberry and the blackberry software didn't recognize it.

PIN/ID
    ask

Doc - followed your instructions, verified the Audible file is on the Micro SD, went into media and the file isn't even visible.

PIN/ID
    PM me

When you open the audible app, did you log in to yor account? It might be that it tries to verify that you have actually purchased the book before you can play it.
    Also, make sure it is under the folder as I have specified....
    8900-user
    DocGo

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    When you open the audible app, did you log in to yor account? It might be that it tries to verify that you have actually purchased the book before you can play it.
    Also, make sure it is under the folder as I have specified....
    I'm logged in within the app. It's trying to download the files from my audible library. Doesn't recognize the files already on the SD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast